Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sewing studio is being painted.

Blog Entries

Sewing studio is being painted.

When I was at work, my DH emptied my sewing studio and surprised me!! I had picked out a color in the spring, and 2 days ago he decided it was time to paint. There is sewing stuff everywhere upstairs. Here are some of the pics of the room. I leave on vacation on tuesday (visiting my DS) and he will NOT put anything back. Yes there is a sewing machine in the bathroom, stuff is everywhere, he even put all the fabric in plastic bags, stuff everywhere, but it looks beautiful. Oh yes, he did run out of paint, he said "maybe no one would notice, and I can have a huge design wall". Needless to say, he went back to Lowe's for another gallon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

If life gives you lemons, make a margarita.

Power Poster
    Well if he is offering to make a design wall to cover the unpainted spot but if not, back to the store. Very pretty colour!

Ooooh, I LOVE the color! Very cheery. Bless his heart for surprising you. The sewing machine in the bathroom is too funny.

You won't be renting him out anytime soon will you? What a sweetheart!
    Everything in life happens for a reason.

The color is yummy. You are lucky to have a good husband that likes to paint. Hugs and enjoy that NEW look to your sewing room.

Quote Originally Posted by coastienest View Post
    You won't be renting him out anytime soon will you? What a sweetheart!
    I was thinking the same thing. I have to paint mine this time next year when I move into my house finally
    Brother XL-3500i, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D, Juki MO-2000QVP

My husband can paint, but his doesn't come out as nice. What color did you use. I think thats the color I want for mine a light aqua, if you don't mind sharing.
    Brother XL-3500i, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D, Juki MO-2000QVP

Blog Entries
    Love the color. Very pretty and cheerful.

Blog Entries
    What a pretty color and sweet DH to get this done for you. LOts of us have been in that situation before with the house in disarray. It all works out though, sooner or later.

I am curious about the little glimpses of that great dresser and vanity peeking out from under the piles of sewing studio! A big wow for those pieces too! Do you use them in the studio? I would!

It will be very nice to have it all back in order. You will show us as you progress, yes?
    peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Blog Entries
    The bedroom set in the picture was my mother's. She bought it in 1935, we call that room "Babci's Room (grandmother in polish).
    Quote Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
    What a pretty color and sweet DH to get this done for you. LOts of us have been in that situation before with the house in disarray. It all works out though, sooner or later.

I am curious about the little glimpses of that great dresser and vanity peeking out from under the piles of sewing studio! A big wow for those pieces too! Do you use them in the studio? I would!

It will be very nice to have it all back in order. You will show us as you progress, yes?
    peace
    If life gives you lemons, make a margarita.

be sure to send out "after" photos!!! I'm dying to see the final result, I know it will be awesome!!!

Wow , the idea of emptying my sewing room .. is the single biggest reason I have not painted mine.....in a REALLY long time. Seeing your fresh clean walls is very motivating.

Quote Originally Posted by Lori S View Post
    Wow , the idea of emptying my sewing room .. is the single biggest reason I have not painted mine.....in a REALLY long time. Seeing your fresh clean walls is very motivating.
    Me too. I'm beyond impressed that he would do that for you. When I think about all the work involved with clearing out my sewing room I just continue to live with my blah walls but it would be so nice to have pretty walls like yours and then reset the whole room.

It looks so pretty!!!

That color is one of my favorites. We painted our bathroom in the house on the lake a similar color. It was Sherwin Williams "At Sea" but had it in Beehr paint from Home Depot because I love that paint.
    Anyway it's beautiful and when everything is put back in order you will love your room even more. Mine is still white paint with wallpaper wainscoting that was there when my son had this room. I added curtains (and all my stuff) but it needs repainting and new carpet and better shelves and organization and better lighting and and and- well you get the idea. Lol
    A time to tear, And a time to sew;
    A time to keep silence, And a time to speak;

Beautiful color. Clean and bright

what kind of a table is the one in the hallway with the black legs? Great color! Lucky you...keep hubby around.

Wow and your dog looks like "what is going on here"? Have a nice time on your vacation and happy quilting in your newly painted room!!
    Age is mind over matter.......if you don't mind ........it doesn't matter! 😂
    Nancy

Lovely color...very similar to my sewing room someday in Florida if my IPad is showing the true color. I,'d give your hubby a big hug. Think of how motivated you'll be when you return to get everything back in there!

Quote Originally Posted by nhweaver View Post
    When I was at work, my DH emptied my sewing studio and surprised me!! I had picked out a color in the spring, and 2 days ago he decided it was time to paint. There is sewing stuff everywhere upstairs. Here are some of the pics of the room. I leave on vacation on tuesday (visiting my DS) and he will NOT put anything back. Yes there is a sewing machine in the bathroom, stuff is everywhere, he even put all the fabric in plastic bags, stuff everywhere, but it looks beautiful. Oh yes, he did run out of paint, he said "maybe no one would notice, and I can have a huge design wall". Needless to say, he went back to Lowe's for another gallon.
    I'm going to go through the same thing, but mine will be new carpeting and I will get to do the packing and unpacking. I'm not looking forward to the packing and moving, but we sure need the new carpeting. I would really like vinyl in my sewing room, but I also want to make sure the flooring matches the rest of the house for a resale someday. So, I'm going with the carpet. Looks like your new color will be wonderful! I painted my sewing room a lime green several years ago. I feel very creative in there.
    Verna
    Let peace begin with me and you.

Love the color and the French doors! Nice!

Very nice color choice
    bjsmith57

Absolutely love the colour.........so soothing. He's a keeper for sure.
    Dance like no one is watching

nice color-hope to see pics when you move back into the room
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

I love the color, it's cheerful yet soothing somehow...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast