Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   The truth! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/truth-t208314.html)

Michellesews 12-14-2012 06:13 AM

Nope! Not that brave...lol.

Geri B 12-14-2012 06:28 AM

thanks for all the pics....now I know I am not alone in my working messes. They are part of our creative side of our brain, so be proud of what comes "out" of these rooms............and btw, if I clean mine up too much, I cannot find anything........so there must be some order in my disorder....for me anyway.

coopah 12-14-2012 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by pocoellie (Post 5718511)
I would, but I don't think you would believe it. LOL

What she said works for me, too!

pdriggs 12-14-2012 08:23 AM

I use the magnetic pin holder around my machine. I just sent an email to Viking to ask about magnets and my SELE (which ones and where they can be placed). I'll let you know. They say the will reply within 72 hours.
Phyllis

pdriggs 12-14-2012 08:47 AM

I asked about the Viking SELE.........so now I know about that specific machine. I think I have always used miagner around my Brother 8500.

Hello Ms. Driggs,

Thank you for contacting Husqvarna Viking at SVP Worldwide. You can use
magnets on this machine, and they can be used anywhere that they will bond
to the machine. We do not recommend putting the magnet on the screen.

Thank You,
Valerie
Husqvarna Viking Consumer Affairs Department

ube quilting 12-14-2012 09:02 AM

This thread has been a lot of fun so far. I have enjoyed the responses and great sewing areas you all have shown.

A few days ago there was a thread about being organized and how many of the same item you keep on hand for when they disappear. I mentioned how I keep small things orderly and that I don't like to put stuff in drawers. There is one drawer in my area and that is where I found my 24"x 6" ruler after I lost it for about two weeks. :D That just proves to me that I shoudln't put anything in drawers!
peace

imnywoman 12-14-2012 10:10 AM

Love it!! Looks like mine!! Happy sewing.

overdew 12-14-2012 12:48 PM

Everybody's looks better than mine. It looks like a bomb went off in a fabric factory--and lots of dust. I have to clean up a bit when I run out of "elbow room". Might as well just laugh!

quilter1 12-14-2012 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Pieces2 (Post 5719473)
Love your Bernina. :0) Is that a magnetic pin holder? Never have it around your computerized machine...

Thanks for the heads up- it never occurred to me that I should keep the pin holder away from the machine- but you are right! Good thing I posted the pic of my messy room. LOL.

QuiltingHaven 12-14-2012 03:08 PM

Oh, I just love this. I feel so in-tune with everyone. I would have posted my "normal" working area however, I just finished my Christmas quilts and decided to straighten up the area and it is currently pristine (yes, really!!!!). I called the DH down and showed him how perfect I can be with putting everything where it "should be" soooooo, tomorrow I start on the wonderful Ohio Star Pattern and finish up the Quilting Houses quilt that I have been cutting over that past week. Hey, we have to have a little clutter to be creative and those hunts for the tools just add to our creativity.