Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   What are we organizing today (2017)? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/what-we-organizing-today-2017-a-t284878.html)

NoraB 05-19-2018 07:35 AM

Now I don't feel so alone. Since I always have a work in progress item.......maybe it will really never be clutter-clear!

lots2do 05-19-2018 04:37 PM

Well, basically my kitchen minus the appliances are in my sewing room since we started a remodel on Thursday. Necessary but a little anxiety producing...

oksewglad 05-19-2018 07:12 PM

Been working in my garden...beans, cucumbers, peas, tomatoes all planted. Broccoli, kale, romaine lettuce looking good. Radishes are up. Transplanted a purple aster and several black eyed susans. Spring is in my part of the world. Sewing room...that's another story.

Started cleaning in kitchen...GD#4 helped. We're taking down the items from above the cupboards...oh greasy jars etc. Got half done and then she had to go home...tomorrow's another day! Tonight scrubbing the cupboards with Murphy's oil soap. Bit by bit it gets done.

rryder 05-20-2018 06:53 AM

Yesterday, after putting away the threads I was using for a small hand stitching project, I realized that my thread stash had gotten out of hand with boxes and containers piled everywhere and falling over. So I reorganized it. Got all my specialty threads out of the vintage opaque yellow sew handy sewing box abd put them away in a vintage clear sew handy sewing box that lost its middle stray somewhere along the way. It’s perfect for cones in the bottom and smaller spools in the top. And since it’s transparent, I can see what is in it. Don’t know why it hadn’t ocurred to me to use this one before since I have all my threads for bobbin work , couching and hand embroidery in another one just like it. No more stacks of small containers falling all over the place!

Too wet for garden work today. Decluttering hit a standstill this week. I think I’ll go look for some things to either relocate, throw away, donate or sell.

Rob

lots2do 05-26-2018 07:02 AM

Oh gardening, how lovely. Won't be back where I can garden til after the first of June. You all are helping me get in the mood, thanks!

oksewglad 05-26-2018 08:21 PM

Dug out my dead drift roses tonight...have some daylilies to replace them so am ready to plant. Asparagus bed weeded for the second time..ready for mulching. DD is here and she's helping stage my garden accessories and potted plantings. She's a keeper.

rryder 05-31-2018 07:12 AM

This is going to sound strange, but I have discovered that my Sweet Sixteen has absolutely no problem quilting through painted canvas, so I am going to go through my stored paintings and decide which ones to set aside for an art yard sale, which ones to keep for future gallery shows and which ones to think of as materials for quilted artwork. This will take me a good long while as I have been painting for more than 40 years, but it might eventually help declutter my studio space since that's where most of my paintings are stored... now to go find one thing to throw away, donate or sell today (other than the paintings).

Rob