Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   What are we organizing today 2020 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/what-we-organizing-today-2020-a-t308882.html)

mcadwell 12-09-2020 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by rryder (Post 8345912)
Happy New Year Everyone! Today we are closing out the 2019 thread and starting the new year with our new thread. Who is as surprised as me that it’s already 2020?

For newbies to this thread: jump right in with any organization tips you want to share, feel free to post pictures of your organization projects, offer supportive comments, etc. We’re a friendly bunch.

Today My organization goal is simple- I’m going to find 5 books that I am willing to part with and will donate them to the little free library across the street.

What are you organizing today?

Rob

Because I have RA, and the coinciding brain fog that goes with it, I tend to put things back where they belong so I can find them.

I also have the tendency to put things away before I'm done needing them so I have to, inevitably, get up to get them again...multiple times. Sigh

Julienm1 12-10-2020 04:20 AM

I was sewing with reckless abandon yesterday and into the night. Pulling fabric for more construction. Realized matching fabric using wrong basic fabric. So stopped working. Got up this morning to total chaos. Fabric pairs look good for different project. What did I do? Tidy up? NOPE. Cry? NOPE? Sigh? YES.

Left the sewing room. Made coffee. Grabbed a cookie, or two.

So I realize when I'm in the middle of the creation, I don't see the mess...until the next day when my brain has had a rest. I have to quit, SOMEDAY, making scrappy projects. No that will never happen...lol https://cdn.quiltingboard.com/images...es/biggrin.png

rryder 12-10-2020 01:53 PM

LOL Julienm1- I hear you. I just looked around my studio and realized that, once again, there are no available horizontal surfaces to work on, oops...https://cdn.quiltingboard.com/images...es/biggrin.png

Mcadwell- welcome to this thread!

Rob

Julienm1 12-10-2020 02:27 PM

Rob, I told my husband about your problem and he said what about the ceiling? Build a scaffold? Change your name to Michelangelo?

rryder 12-11-2020 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Julienm1 (Post 8441590)
Rob, I told my husband about your problem and he said what about the ceiling? Build a scaffold? Change your name to Michelangelo?

LOL! My ceiling’s not big enough to hold everything...

Julienm1 12-17-2020 12:43 PM

Spent a few hours yesterday listening to concerts and doing lots of organizing in sewing room. Even designated a WHO BOUGHT THIS box of stuff to get rid of. Made the bookshelf more functional. Folded baby quilts that need finishing touches.'
Came in this morning and noticed piles of fabric that I swear wasn't there last night. So instead of moving it/them into the fabric room, I measured/cut into usable sizes. Ordered plastic alligator clips for...whatever. (I know lots of you guys use them so I decided to join the party.) Found existing containers for my new-to-me precuts.

Oh and big accomplishment yesterday was rediscovering my precuts. Jelly rolls are so pretty.

Now I have to finally get dress and lunch. Then I will allow myself to work on 2nd Ugly Yesterday-Pretty Today quilt.

If kids leave early enough tonight maybe I can glue baste a quilt and then quilt it tomorrow. Better clear of a place for basting. Oh, I so dream for a larger room but then don't we all? https://cdn.quiltingboard.com/images/smilies/wink.png

Oh crap just found a drier full of fat quarters I zig zagged in pairs that now have to be separated and pressed. All these interruptions drive me nuts.

oksewglad 12-17-2020 09:10 PM

I feel my evening has been one interruption after another, too. Julie! Trying to get some bookwork done and have had one thing then another get in the way...still have bills to pay before I call it a night.

I got sidelined by a flu bug...finally felt good enough to do something today. I went through batting scraps and sewed long strips together. Have enough for a full sized quilt as well as a twin quilt...win win!

Teen 12-18-2020 06:33 PM

There is something about “after done cleaning” that gives such joy. I scrubbed my sewing room today..It’s sparkling clean and no piles or scraps anywhere. All cut up and put away... And, I found an antique glass measuring container in my kitchen cupboard I grabbed and is now where my scissors are placed. Looks so cute...lol... Why do you feel we need so many scissors? So, room is free to mess up again..lol..

Teen 12-18-2020 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 8443906)
I feel my evening has been one interruption after another, too. Julie! Trying to get some bookwork done and have had one thing then another get in the way...still have bills to pay before I call it a night.

I got sidelined by a flu bug...finally felt good enough to do something today. I went through batting scraps and sewed long strips together. Have enough for a full sized quilt as well as a twin quilt...win win!

Glad you are better, Ok!! At least it was just the flu...yikes..

oksewglad 12-19-2020 06:35 AM

Thanks, Teen...It really threw me for a loop, but happy to be on the mend...my boss was glad to see me back yesterday! she's very good about one staying home when you are sick..why make others sick? Of course she was extra busy while I was out.

I finally attached a scissors to my sewing machine! I was tired of having it walk off and me not finding it when I needed it. Lovely idea to use the measuring cup as a holder. Why so many scissors? I don't know, but they grow around here! I have inherited a couple of nice older ones. One is a lovely Sheffield (England) shears that cuts like a dream; the others are small scissors that I use often as well. I have developed a penchant for collecting old scissors now, but need to keep the family ones separate!