Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   What are we organizing today 2020 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/what-we-organizing-today-2020-a-t308882.html)

craftiladi 12-21-2020 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Teen (Post 8444808)
I love the 3-tier tray. Would you mind sharing with me where you picked that up? My decor is farmhouse...all kinds of ideas for that...lol...just what I need...more crap. Lol..

I believe it was Michael's Craft Store or Hobby Lobby-we all need cute storage for our crap .......lol

Teen 12-21-2020 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by amyjo (Post 8444831)
Look at hobby lobby that’s where I got mine pretty handy thing n then put on a large lazy Susan so it goes around

Thank you!

SuzSLO 12-21-2020 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Julienm1 (Post 8444345)
OKsewglad, I understand you problem regarding scissors with feet. Mine don't walk away but always falling on the floor. My sewing machine sits in the well of the sewing table and has a 6" space to the right of the machine. Perfect place to put my scissors. Right? Wong! I constantly would be knocking the scissors on the floor. Got mad. Stormed into the kitchen. Dug out small plastic food container. Stomped back to the sewing room. Grabbed the Gorilla Tape on the way. Placed roll of tape on bottom to container, stuck it in corner of the well, slid the machine to right to wedge that little sucker in place...WALAA. No more bending over several times a day retrieving scissors.
My favorite thread cutter at the machine is a kiddie Fiskars scissor I bought years ago at Back-to-school sale. Purple handle so usually easy to find if it jumps out of it's "house."

Julie: I have that same small space to the right of my machine where I would keep all my stuff, at least until I knocked it to the floor!

Went to the Dollar Store and started my organizing efforts with a metal wreath holder. Bent it so so that the metal strip runs along that narrow strip, with the hook off to the side holding my small trash bucket. Used the metal strip to secure 2 for a $1 metal cups with magnets on the bottom. One cup is the perfect size for my tomato pin cushion. I use the other for my thread clippers. Added stick-on felt-pads (meant to protect floors from furniture) to protect the sharp tips from banging against metal. Another felt pad with a couple of pins stuck through in the other cup keeps the pin cushion from spinning. Then used poster putty to attach another plastic bucket for the miscellaneous stuff: purple thang and wooden presser. Small changes but it made me so happy.

Another great Dollar Store find was extra large plastic clothes pins. I use 2 (plus a couple of carabiner clips) to attach another mini-trash bucket to my ironing board, where I have a cutting mat. Another giant clothes pin holds the pillow case that covers my wool pressing mat vertical when I fold up the ironing board.

Wreath holder, 3 buckets for trash and scraps, 3 buckets for stuff and units in progress, felt protectors, magnetic cups, poster putty and large clothes pins: all from the Dollar Store. $7 well spent.

Julienm1 12-21-2020 07:10 PM

Suz, well Miss Crafty, we need pic if your creativity...PLEASE!

craftiladi 12-22-2020 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Teen (Post 8445043)
Thank you!

Yes, I also did the same with the lazy susan turntable, made by Rubbermaid at Walmart. Makes it so much easier while sitting at the sewing machine to just reach over & get what I need.

Teen 12-22-2020 10:31 AM

I’m definitely buying one and a lazy Susan . I really love it..... thank you, ladies!

SuzSLO 12-22-2020 01:48 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by SuzSLO (Post 8445204)
Julie: I have that same small space to the right of my machine where I would keep all my stuff, at least until I knocked it to the floor!

Went to the Dollar Store and started my organizing efforts with a metal wreath holder. Bent it so so that the metal strip runs along that narrow strip, with the hook off to the side holding my small trash bucket. Used the metal strip to secure 2 for a $1 metal cups with magnets on the bottom. One cup is the perfect size for my tomato pin cushion. I use the other for my thread clippers. Added stick-on felt-pads (meant to protect floors from furniture) to protect the sharp tips from banging against metal. Another felt pad with a couple of pins stuck through in the other cup keeps the pin cushion from spinning. Then used poster putty to attach another plastic bucket for the miscellaneous stuff: purple thang and wooden presser. Small changes but it made me so happy.

Another great Dollar Store find was extra large plastic clothes pins. I use 2 (plus a couple of carabiner clips) to attach another mini-trash bucket to my ironing board, where I have a cutting mat. Another giant clothes pin holds the pillow case that covers my wool pressing mat vertical when I fold up the ironing board.

Wreath holder, 3 buckets for trash and scraps, 3 buckets for stuff and units in progress, felt protectors, magnetic cups, poster putty and large clothes pins: all from the Dollar Store. $7 well spent.

I liked the wreath hanger so much that I bought another one while they were still "in season", as well as a larger magnetic cup. When you inlace the carabiner clips I forgot to add in the prior post, my total cost is $10.

Julienm1 12-22-2020 01:54 PM

Wow you are so SO creative!

Julienm1 12-23-2020 05:44 AM

Out of my mess I finally finished 3 Project Linus quilts. Wash/dried just need to check for more wayward threads. YEAH!!

Last night dug out a jelly roll for next quilt. Started cutting for Basket Case by Cluck Cluck Sew. https://www.fatquartershop.com/baske...All%20Products
It's basically a hash tag (pound sign) block. Finishes at 10" so I should be able to crank this out quickly.

jmoore 12-27-2020 04:42 AM

Very clever SuzSLO...thank you for sharing.

julienm1, that looks like a fun pattern. I have a couple of Cluck Cluck Sew patterns that I have done, I may have to add that one to my library.

I spent several hours purging and organizing in my sewing studio yesterday...it is my annual NYD project but I’m getting a head start this year since there is no place to go...
I replaced blades in my rotary cutters, soaked and cleaned two cutting mats and sorted through my crumb and strip bins to weed out unwanted items...”tired of looking at” pieces. Today I will refold some of my larger pieces that I pulled out for Christmas projects and put them back in their places by color. After I’m done putting everything back where it belongs I will sweep and mop my floor.