Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   What are we organizing today 2021 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/what-we-organizing-today-2021-a-t313682.html)

amyjo 03-16-2021 03:46 AM

Well yesterday I put away some of my precuts, sewed on a flannel rag quilt, then had to take some apart, today I’m going to sew the binding on my aunt's quilt that’s been waiting to go.
I've got to finish the border for my daughter’s rail fence star quilt so she can take it to be quilted, I’ve enjoyed all the comments on my sewing room, still doing some rearranging and needing to get my thread all in one place I’d love one that matched the rest of my cabinets but wouldn’t hold it all have a couple hundred at least left of my I bought thru my sister in MO. And that was after 3 sisters took!
well better go get started with a cup of coffee.

Fizzle 03-16-2021 06:07 AM

WOW SuzieQOH! That is impressive. I am going on way more than 8 days. :(

oksewglad 03-16-2021 06:22 AM

I hate to admit it, but I have to clean! Sewing is much more rewarding than cleaning and I am in a rearranging my living room mood. Grands have a snow day today so maybe i can entice one or two to "help" when they come over after getting their calf chores done..If not, I will just send them downstairs! Better get going before I loose my momentum!

rryder 03-21-2021 04:58 AM

Oksewglad- I feel your pain. Good plan to put those grandkids to work.

Amyjo- sounds like you have gotten a lot done- way to go!

Rob

oksewglad 03-21-2021 06:11 AM

My next big mini involves lots of 2" and 1" pieces so I have been sorting both into lights and darks as well as color intensities ie brights/whites and country shades/creams...easy assignment while I watch NCAA basketball.

Julienm1 03-21-2021 06:18 AM

How can making a quilt or two make such a big mess in my sewing room?

amyjo 03-21-2021 07:45 AM

Hahaha U need to be a little ocd if my youngest was home I’d never find anything in my mess

rryder 03-21-2021 10:17 AM

Julienm1- same thing happens in mine- I could try to blame it on gremlins but no one would believe me....

Today I spent 15 minutes getting all the stuff out of the bedroom that didn’t belong. Some things went in the trash, others went into the recycle bin and some were put away in the rooms where they belong. I ended up with a box of stuff that I want to keep, but have no homes for. https://cdn.quiltingboard.com/images...s/confused.png... I’ll spend some time over the next week going through the dresser, chest of drawers, cabinet and wardrobe to see if I can get rid of some things to make room for the stuff I want to keep. If I can’t find room, I’ll have to make some hard decisions. It looks so much better in there now. Amazing what just a few minutes of concentrated effort can do.

Rob

retiredteacher09 03-21-2021 05:00 PM

I enjoy reading about the different organization projects happening on this thread. Keep up the great work!

On Saturday, I rearranged part of my sewing area. Tonight, while I was working on a quilt top, I realized the table that I put by my sewing machine tables to help hold larger projects as I sewed or quilted them wouldn’t allow me to use my embroidery module without sliding my machine further to the right. Solved one problem and created another. Oh, well! I will problem solve that another time.

I’m making progress on my sewing room list of putting away scraps from recent projects.

Julienm1 03-21-2021 05:32 PM

Dug out some UFOs that were suitable for backings for smaller quilts. Ended up using them for 3 tops so now have 13 finished quilts for Project Linus...well in the wash now so will have to search for "thread whiskers" front and back tomorrow. Think tomorrow I'll tidy up sewing area. Funny how sewing I learn I really have bad organizational skills...or should I say lack there of.

I know I have batting scraps I can fuse to make large enough for another quilt. Oh so much to do and so little time.