Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   What are we organizing today 2021 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/what-we-organizing-today-2021-a-t313682.html)

retiredteacher09 01-10-2021 06:35 PM

Teen: Good for you! I told my married son that I had found a bunch of tools as I was sorting through things and he said “You can never get rid of tools.” Maybe I need to put a sign on the extras reminding him he said to save them. Lol! I did that with our old phones that he wanted me to store. 🤷‍♀️

Mkotch: Nice surprise finding money and things from your MIL. I found almost 30 dollars total in gift cards when I was cleaning last week. That made me happy. Cleaning under my stairs is a project I hope to undertake in a few months. I know there are tractors, trucks, and other toys that belong to my sons which I will keep for my grandson to play with in a few years. Also there are household things along with boxes that have items that haven’t been needed since our move to this house 34 years ago. Lol!

Way to go, Rob, Julienm1, and petthefabric.

Teen 01-10-2021 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by rryder (Post 8451546)
Teen- not sure I could bring myself to part with tools...

Rob

lol....the tools he took out were taken to his shop so he feels the same way. They are out of the house and only one box in house....I’ll be able to easily find whatI’m looking for. Not my job to organize his shop...lol...

Teen 01-10-2021 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 (Post 8451603)
Teen: Good for you! I told my married son that I had found a bunch of tools as I was sorting through things and he said “You can never get rid of tools.” Maybe I need to put a sign on the extras reminding him he said to save them. Lol! I did that with our old phones that he wanted me to store. 🤷‍♀️.

retired....perfect solution...lol...as long as you have the basics and tools your son recommends be on hand should he need to help you...that’s good enough. Old phones? Lol... I think the kids are more sentimental then we are...lol..

jmoore 01-11-2021 04:11 AM

I still have a pile of printed patterns on my desk that need to go into sleeves but I know once I pull the few binders out of the bookcase to put them into their proper category, I will then want to peruse the existing patterns to discard anything I no longer have interest in. So instead of diving into that chore this weekend, I took a few minutes to clean out the top drawer of my Koala sewing table. It’s amazing the extra things that accumulate in the drawer that don’t belong there. 😝

Julienm1 01-11-2021 08:13 AM

I'm not going to organize today. Decided to sew instead. Next ORGAN project will be my 3 ring binders. Boat load of stuff there. Just may have to take over countertops in kitchen.

Julienm1 01-14-2021 11:54 AM

So looks like when I was organizing the other day my brain was not engaged. I was looking for a spiral notebook and I have no idea where it is. It's not in any logical place. I know I will find it in the last place I look. However, I did find a different notebook that may be even better. Now I'm afraid to go thru my pattern binders.

oksewglad 01-14-2021 12:37 PM

I got the day off due to icy rain so I'm digging in 2 1/2" squares/strips cutting for a couple of projects!

newbee3 01-15-2021 10:56 AM

just organized a couple drawers in the kitchen took stuff out that I have doubles in and things I generally do not use nor intend to use.

Julienm1 01-15-2021 01:20 PM

Tired of cutting and pressing in the shadows. Dragged DH to Wlalmart and found some task lighting to mount on the walls. Came home. Put DH to work and what a difference. Amazing how to those two little strip lights can brighten up the place.. Now I won't have to keep moving my Ott light that I have on my sewing table. Do you think these two lights will improve my cutting, pressing, and sewing? One can only hope!

rryder 01-16-2021 03:30 AM

Julienm1- glad you went for more lighting. I definitely do a better job at all aspects of quilting since I added more lights in my studio.

Rob