Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Where do you put your sewing machines when you aren't using them? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/where-do-you-put-your-sewing-machines-when-you-arent-using-them-t310592.html)

Jordan 04-19-2020 08:17 AM

I used to have my Janome 6600 on the kitchen table where I had to sew since my daughter and 3 granddaughters moved in and I had to move the sewing machine everyday for everyone to sit and eat a meal. I would place it on the floor in the living room with the cover on it when not in use. Now I have my sewing room back (used to be daughters bedroom) and I leave my machine out all the time and when not in use I have a cover for it.

Karamarie 04-19-2020 04:20 PM

Your machine collection looks so nice. They all look so new. My Janome sits on a small table with a cover on it. My Featherweight is in it's case under the small table, and my Elna I gave to my Granddaughter so I only house 2 at my house.

grann of 6 04-20-2020 03:24 AM

My machines all have a designated area so they can be used at a moment's notice. I have a machine in my bedroom so I can sew when watching TV, a machine in a spare bedroom that I can also use when I want to, usually use it while the longarm is quilting (computerized). I do have a couple that are on a shelf waiting for new homes someday.

granky 04-20-2020 02:30 PM

I'm ashamed to say it, but my first thought when I read this was...."people actually put their sewing machines away????? Gracious!

QuiltnNan 04-21-2020 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by granky (Post 8379290)
I'm ashamed to say it, but my first thought when I read this was...."people actually put their sewing machines away????? Gracious!

LOL my thoughts, exactly LOL

rryder 04-21-2020 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by granky (Post 8379290)

Same here. I have 4 of mine permanently set up so they can be used at a moment's notice. The other two (Kenmore and Featherweight) are my backup machines and they are shoved under the guest bed and the Sweet Sixteen table respectively.

Rob

grann of 6 04-21-2020 06:33 AM

Yah, I use a sewing machine every day, in one place or another. So they are never put away, or even covered for that matter. I have a couple spares that can be opened up at a moment's notice if the need arises.

Onebyone 04-21-2020 06:45 AM

I bought an industrial shelf unit rated 300 lb per shelf, not that expensive, I think about $60. My extra machines go on the two bottom shelves.

UFOs Galore 04-21-2020 07:58 AM

Thank you for sharing! I’m enjoying getting a peek into everyone’s sewing rooms. I don’t have to make any storage commitments yet, so please keep the ideas coming.

cashs_mom 04-21-2020 10:36 AM

I can only keep some of them out. My Bernina is on a table because it's used regularly. The Juki is in a Sewezi table. The serger is on the same type of table as the Bernina. The 301 is on an old oak writing desk with a drawer, the Rocketeer is in a trapezoid table. The 2 FW live under the sewing table where my Bernina is. There are 2 other machines in the closet. You can laugh now. I do.[img]images/smilies/wink.png[/img]