Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
question for fabric organizers... >

question for fabric organizers...

question for fabric organizers...

Old 04-29-2012, 08:42 PM

I fold my fabric by using my 6X24 inch ruler and then folding in half. The fabric is then stacked in cubes according to color, season, children, patriotic, etc. It stays much neater this way for me.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:22 AM

And here's one more opinion.........I have attention deficit, I would see all these pictures of sewing rooms, craft rooms and everything organized to perfection and then I would look at my room and think "what is wrong with me". I am at my most creative when I had a small clear spot on my work table surrounded by a mountain of stuff. This has gone on for years, very frustrating. And then a very wise friend told me the connection between ADD and my stuff everywhere was that I could see everything. For me out of sight was very much out of mind. So.........I am waiting on the comic book boards, I figure it is one more way to get things in the open but, still be organized. And yes I tried the ruler fold method, it looked nice but still not what I needed.
Carol
Old 04-30-2012, 06:56 AM

Carol--i did the comic boards. I LOVE them. i feel organized and can see what i have and what i don't. my quilting fabric is all on comic boards. my other fabric-garment fabric ect, i still have in totes, but now much more organized.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:55 AM

I'm so glad they work for you. Mine will be here tomorrow, then the work starts. LOL
Old 04-30-2012, 10:54 PM

Yes,I love my fabric folded on comic boards. I find it neater and easier when looking for fabric, and esp.when it comes to putting it back in my stash. As the group stays neater when you take something out or are putting something back. Good luck with you stash.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:00 AM

Doesn't save space. But I can see what I have and it saves frustration. I wrap scrap strips around boards as well, sometimes up to 8 strips on a board. I can also see what I have then. Easier to deal with. Comic book boards are not as sturdy as say foam board from the dollar store, but it takes a less space so I am going in that direction as I get new fabric.
I have a new system. 1 yard or more gets its own board. 1/2 yards I do two to a board and 1/4 yards are three to a board. Strips - as many as fit.