Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ribbon Rack project

Quote Originally Posted by Pam S View Post
    I think it's great. I'd like a deluxe model with glass doors on the front to keep my ribbons dust free. Or would that make the cabinet too heavy to hang on the wall?
    Use plexi glass its liter.
    May Your Life Be Full of Charity and Love.

Blog Entries
    Hi, it looks good. Suggest you make a larger size as well. It would sell. At the very bottom where you have that curved piece I would insert another rod for hanging. No telling what it would be used for, towel, fabric, more ribbon, who knows. I do not like wasted space and that is crying gimme a another rod....

The extra rod mentioned would be easy and could be considered and option. The friend who I made this for had a specific area on a wall that she wanted the rack to hang and I made it to the specs she gave me. I had considered a 36" wide version that would make it nearly a foot wider. Below is one of my mantle clocks..

Name:  clock2.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  70.9 KB

definitely let us know if we can order from you!

Blog Entries
    me too, me too. I really like the idea of a 36" wide one with the extra rod on the bottom.

That is a great idea.... Our daughters bought an exisiting floral shop and one son in law made one similar only from the floor to about 5 1/2 feet. Sure cleaned up the ribbon mess ! So my suggestion would be to go to some places that use ribbon besides quilt shops and home crafters. It definatly is a need. Good Luck its a great idea.

If I used ribbon I would definitely buy one. Beautiful work.

Great job and beautiful craftsmanship, though I would be concerned about the weight if hanging it on a wall. I have two ribbon racks that my uncle made me years ago that sit on a table or cabinet. He used smaller diameter dowels (my request) so that I could load large or small spools of ribbon and I have a center partition to add extra support. They are currently in my attic, and I don't have a picture that I can scan or I would. The only down side I found was that if you empty a roll in the middle, you have to remove the whole row to remove/replace.
    Nancy

Beautiful work.

Beautiful work! I think there's a market for these, not only among sewists and quilters, but also scrapbookers.
    In the crazy quilt of life, I'm glad you're in my block of friends. ~Author Unknown

Very cool!!!!!

Good job Lloyd. Just a tiny bit to mention. Is for the small spools they need a thin dowel and larger spools the bigger dowel as shown. And maybe 2 of the small and 2 of the large type thing. I scrapbook and could use something like that for my spools. Good design
    AlamoAA
    Have time will quilt

Temple, TX (Transplanted from New York 2010)
    Very Good Job, Lloyd. Excellent idea & workmanship. I would love to order one also. Please let me know when you are ready. Thank you for sharing your beautiful cabinet. I wonder what other sewing & quilting projects you could come up with for the sewing room???

Have a blessed day.

debra
    cny_sewer39

Sew Much Fabric, Sew Little Time...

Thanks for sharing...such a great idea

Very functional, Nice idea and beautiful workmanship....I think glass in door would make it complete. Thanks for sharing with us...

Welcome! Looks great. Quilters, scrapbooking, jewelry makers,.. craft people of all kind are always looking for ways to organize. The only problem with some things is that people like stuff, but don't want to pay the price you need to come out ahead, when you figure in your supplies and time. It's a crap shot sometimes, but always try, because you just never know. Not trying to discourage you in any way, your cabinet is wonderful. Just don't want you to take it personal if people try to get you to lower your prices. If I had room for one I would love to have one myself! Happy sells! Wishing you good luck with a wonderful product!
    Country 1

Quote Originally Posted by Pam S View Post
    I think it's great. I'd like a deluxe model with glass doors on the front to keep my ribbons dust free. Or would that make the cabinet too heavy to hang on the wall?
    Plexie glass would be safer and lighter!
    Country 1

Blog Entries
    This thread is over 2 yrs old, in case you wonder why the OP doesn't come back (or maybe he will).

Great ribbon stand!
    Linda

Blog Entries
    My hubby made me a couple of something similar to these. Same format but, just not as ornate. I love them. If others enjoy the ones you make as much as I enjoy mine, you have a winner.
    Vonda-Texas MiMi of 4 Beautiful Grandbabies

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2