Scrap basket

Old 02-07-2024, 09:33 PM

Default Scrap basket

I’ve had my eye on this blog post for a while, and I finally got some time and space to try to put one together. I used this tutorial: https://sewsewmaria.home.blog/2019/0...ourney-begins/

It didn’t take very long to put this together. I think the most time consuming step was quilting the squares to the stabilizer. Oh, and also I put the handles on the inside the first time, so I had to take the nearly finished basket apart to correct that.

I plan to make several of these over time to color code my scrap storage. I think these would look really nice lined up on a shelf in ROY G BIV order.
Attached Thumbnails img_0795.jpeg   img_0793.jpeg   img_0792.jpeg   img_0794.jpeg  
Old 02-07-2024, 10:20 PM
Power Poster

These are super cute and look very useful!
Old 02-08-2024, 01:22 AM

Very nicely done! I agrre they would be a great way to store scraps and would look fabulous on display. Thanks for sharing the tutorial!
Old 02-08-2024, 05:25 AM

I love your basket! Great idea for scrap sorting. The problem I have with sorting is with multi-colored scraps. I over-analyze everything. What is your strategy?
Old 02-08-2024, 06:15 AM

That is really cute!! What a great idea. Sadly, my storage of scraps is a reusable shopping bag on the floor next to the cutting table which is really of no use at all!!
Old 02-08-2024, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by aashley333 View Post
I love your basket! Great idea for scrap sorting. The problem I have with sorting is with multi-colored scraps. I over-analyze everything. What is your strategy?
@aashley333 I’m pretty sure I will be making them slowly over time, but eventually I’d like to have red, orange, yellow, green, turquoise, blue, purple, pink, black, white, grey, tan, brown, and then one for multi-colored scraps. That’s 14, which seems like a lot. I don’t use a lot of yellow or orange, so I could put those in one basket for the short term. Red and pink could go together. Either blue or green could bunk with turquoise until that basket got full. Black, white and grey could stay together, as could brown and tan. I guess it will all depend on how many scraps I find in their various boxes and bins. But eventually, I’d like to have all those colors, even if some of them aren’t full. I just like the thought of having a place for everything.
Old 02-09-2024, 05:11 AM

Love the basket and ideas for storage. Thanks for sharing the link.
Old 02-09-2024, 01:29 PM

That is a great bag. Like the colors.
Old 02-10-2024, 01:20 PM

Great idea for scrap storage!

Rob
Old 02-10-2024, 06:21 PM
Power Poster

So many possibilities for storage! I can see other things like the sprays near the ironing board. Or, the gathered fabrics for a project all on one place. Nice work on your bag.