Sewing Cabinet

Old 07-20-2014, 04:17 PM

Default Sewing Cabinet

I have been inspired by all of you. My machine was in one room, the fabric in another and basically all my stuff had no home. I don't have the space for a studio but I was inspired to clean out a section of my bedroom and localize everything. I love it! Right now I'm sewing on a rickety table and I need something more. I don't have I lot of room but I think I may have found the right cabinet. It closes up to 26" and has lots of space when I need it. What do you think? https://www.sylviadesign.com/product/model-100/
Old 07-20-2014, 04:34 PM

I think you will really like having your machine flush in a cabinet. It makes piecing/quilting so much easier!
Old 07-20-2014, 06:03 PM

I have never heard of this company. Looks very nice! There is only one dealer on my state that sells these. Have you seen them in person?? Pricing looks reasonable !

Sandy
Old 07-20-2014, 06:33 PM

Having a cabinet like that seems like it would work nicely for you. It will probably inspire you to work on quilting more often too.
Old 07-21-2014, 05:35 AM

I am sorry I think it costs to much not to have the insert included. There is no mention of type of wood. Then to have to put it together is to much. JoAnns on line has that quality on line. I would check Craigslist in your area. You could use an old sewing cabinet and get the same effect.
Old 07-21-2014, 05:47 AM

Default Sew Ezi cabinet

Check out the Sew-Ezi portable table. It comes with the insert and a wonderful nylon canvas carry case and you can put a card table or other folding table wherever you need it for extra " landing space" for your quilting. I also have. $2k koala cabinet and use the Sew -Ezi table daily ...go figure. Just check them out...oh, the Sew -Ezi is less than the one you are showing that is made of particle board. My two cents worth.

Carly in SC
Old 07-21-2014, 06:00 AM

I also have a Sew-Ezi and agree that it is well put together. I know when I got mine my husband was impressed with it. I got the little swing out tray and really don't like it so I don't think I would waste my money on any of the extras. The cool thing about it is that it is easy to put up and store and to take with you.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:02 AM

I have a table similar to that but has drawers down the right side as well. Cheapie, particle board but it does the job for me and has been for about the last 20+ years. I don't machine quilt so not having the machine flush doesn't really bother me. Although you could easily cut out a piece and build a small shelf with some brackets underneath to have the machine flush if that is your preference. Didn't notice the price but I would certainly check craigslist in your area as well. Can't tell you how many machine tables are in my area. Usually very reasonable and I'm sure most could be adapted to suit your machine if needed.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:44 AM

I don't know anything about that brand but you should check out allbrands.com. I just saw the table you are interested in there for slightly less and with free shipping. You might also look around the site for other options. I bought a sewing table from them years ago and they were good to deal with.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:39 AM
Power Poster

Nice cabinet.