sewing yoga

Old 01-18-2015, 07:10 AM

I also have fun memories of my mom sewing. Once I started sewing classes in Jr. high we would spend our Sunday's in the fabric store with the coupon and sale ad for the store to make the latest fashion. Love the 70's with midi dresses and matching scarves for everything. Still have the matching plaid christmas skirts although neither my mom or I could fit into either one. Praise God for our mothers. My mom sewed on the ironing board. ☺️
Old 01-18-2015, 09:15 AM

In error, I posted my pictures to the wrong thread, but today was my lucky day. I was looking for small clamps to use to hold the weight of my quilt, and becasue they were part of a broken bundle of multi sized clamps, th amanager gave me the small ones for free!

Rather than make the PVC frame I have seen other make, I decided I would try straps from my rafters. It is amazing how much easier this makes quilting! I am still not very good, but it gives me more time to get in the swing of it before I have to stop and reposition the quilt drag.

This picture still has the hangers with clips that I used to give the system a try last night, but this morning I used extra pieces of blanket binding with my new clips.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]506665[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc00599.jpg  
Old 01-18-2015, 03:37 PM

I loved your story about the creative inventiveness your mother showed - I can just see her ducking down and rushing out to get the phone - people today just don't appreciate that "dash for the phone" that most households went through. We were on a party line, in the country, and we were hounded not to let the phone ring too long when it was for us because it would disturb others on the line.
Old 01-18-2015, 04:22 PM

I love a mom with spunk. My mom had been asking my dad to take the old red couch out for several weeks. He procrastinated too long...my mom got out his circular saw and cut the couch into chunks she could carry
Old 01-19-2015, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Jodi's Sew Happy View Post
I love a mom with spunk. My mom had been asking my dad to take the old red couch out for several weeks. He procrastinated too long...my mom got out his circular saw and cut the couch into chunks she could carry
I love that!!!! I had reconstructive surgery on my arm and am the mercy of others to help move things. I am finally finished painting am trying to get some help things to their places