Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today 2020 >

What are we organizing today 2020

What are we organizing today 2020

Old 12-30-2020, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by craftiladi View Post
Oh I so could have written your message....I love thrift stores & repurposing and the creative ideas just take over....We must be strong lol
Because I had been tested for covid Christmas Eve day we had to delay our small gift exchange until this Thursday but you better believe by Friday evening Christmas decor will be back in storage-thankfully I didn't go hog wild & just put out a few items.
I did manage to move all the Accuquilt dies to a different more accessible location in my sewing room.
Hopefully, as I continue to get well my mojo comes back-crossing fingers.
You guys keep me motivated so keep posting, please.
I left the outside decor up for the same reason....however, we have had fog so no one can see my light extravaganza from the road. Lol.. oh well...
Old 12-30-2020, 04:55 PM

craftiladi: I hope you are feeling better with each new day.

My plan is to get all of the Christmas things put away over the weekend. My outside Nativity scene was brought in today and I’m letting the snow melt off the pieces. 🙂. I bought a 4’ artificial tree this year and put a few ornaments on it. As it is a pre-lit tree, I may leave it up for a while without the ornaments. I’m thinking it will may fit in a hope chest when I put it away so I don’t need to fluff out the branches each year. Fingers crossed.

I am finishing up a couple of projects in my sewing area and then need to clean up. I’m also making sure I have reviewed what step is next on my UFOs. I have project pages for each of the kits I am assembling as I go through scraps. Now I need to get project pages ready for 4 quilt tops that I will be working on in January and February. They are online projects. I have 3 clipboards and each is labeled: UFOs, kits, and online.

Last edited by retiredteacher09; 12-30-2020 at 04:57 PM.
Old 12-30-2020, 06:03 PM

Well organized, retired teach!! Sounds like you got a good plan ready to go. Good luck with your goals! When I went to see my mother over Christmas a few years ago, I cleaned out one of her closets and consolidated for her (she never went into that closet)...after Christmas, I unplugged her tree and placed the fully decorated tree in the closet. She loves just pulling out the tree and just plugging it in (actually, my sister loves it since she’s the one that does it every year for her)... it was a win win for us since she is not “allowed” to get on a ladder and the higher branches were difficult to reach. Hopefully, yours will fit in chest....
Old 12-31-2020, 06:11 PM

Teen: Thanks! I started the clipboards this fall and it seems to help my focus. It doesn’t mean I don’t start new projects, though. I even wrote where I stored them. 🤷‍♀️ After so many months at home, things needed a little more organization because too many projects were started/kitted and not worked on. 🙂
Putting the decorated tree away was an awesome idea so your sister can just pull out the tree. I had a co-worker who put hers in the garage attic every year. I’m not sure if she left it decorated though.

Last edited by retiredteacher09; 12-31-2020 at 06:14 PM.
Old 01-01-2021, 03:44 AM

Here we go again. Fabric room is OK but not the sewing room. Need to tidy up a bit before sewing to see where I left off last night...does that make sense?
Old 01-01-2021, 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by Julienm1 View Post
Here we go again. Fabric room is OK but not the sewing room. Need to tidy up a bit before sewing to see where I left off last night...does that make sense?

Makes perfect sense.

just a reminder, we are going to move to a new thread starting today, so everyone please look for the new thread. It’s going up as soon as I finish this post

Rob
Old 01-02-2021, 10:10 AM

Yippie, spent all day yesterday reorganizing the shred so we could take down Christmas & get it all stored for another year.
Thank-you Everyone for the well wishes, yes each day feeling a little better.
Old 01-03-2021, 10:41 AM

I had a person from quilt shop tell me once why organize your fabric just use it