Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What Are We Organizing Today 2023 >

What Are We Organizing Today 2023

What Are We Organizing Today 2023

Old 03-01-2023, 11:02 AM

Wow! Julienm1- that's a lot of pillowcases. I had to laugh at your statement about maintaining your newly tidied cutting table. Mine right now is overflowing with all the bits and pieces from 3 different projects that I currently have going- I've got a small space cleared in the center which has just enough room for me to square up my log cabin units after every round LOL.

Rob
Old 03-01-2023, 04:29 PM

Julienm1, what a terrific way to make a "mess with a purpose" and to reduce your stash! Forty is an impressive number.

I have no stunningly new idea for organizing. I am just trying to keep up with regularly cleaning up after myself. Example: Monday night my quilting group got the first instruction for a mystery quilt. Easy, peasy! Yeah right! Three colors light medium and dark. Light should be plain, solid or while on white for instance. Done Then I started looking for pieces for the dark that were large enough, 2.5 yards, and one that I had a medium that would go along with it.The mess began. When I was done rummaging through my stash and closet I turned around and there were stacks of fabric of every color and print all over the place. What a mess. I began returning them to their color bins and boy, did the missing mess feel good. In the end, I can sort all I want, but immediately return the unneeded to its bin. It has taken me a long time to get to this place in my organization journey but I feels good when I actually practice what I know should be happening. It is hard work, you all know it.

I guess my organization idea is to just keep at it..... and put away what is not going to be used rather than working around it.
Old 03-02-2023, 02:42 AM

Pillow cases, Project Linus, pincushions...who would ever think auditioning fab would create such a mess. I'm living the movie Groundhog Day. Repeating what I did yesterday and NO not refering to sewing pillow cases.
Old 03-02-2023, 06:53 AM

I shipped a large priority box Stuffed with orphan blocks to a friend last week. The second one.
That shelf of sad and lonely bits will have a bright new life with Joan, she has been putting together orphans for at least 30 years that I know of
Lots of leftovers from Bonnie's mystery quilts, sample blocks to check sizes, odd blocks made just to cure an itch to make something other than what I was working one, a stack of Linda Franz hand sewing diamonds project with a 1/2 put together top, all the signature blocks from a long ago on-line swap, millions of 1/2 square triangles made from the cut off corners of bigger ones. Lovely to have them gone and that shelf looks so Clean!

Speaking of crafts, I have every single DMC floss wrapped on cards, inherited from a friend. My eye disease precludes that kind of work anymore, I'm trying to think of something I need I can barter them for
Old 03-11-2023, 07:24 AM

Going to spend some time today putting away all the fabric that I pulled for the Around We Go quilt. Also have scraps that need to be dealt with. I think it's time to do another studio purge as I've got things stacked on every available flat surface. Sometimes I think it would be nice to just have someone come in who will empty it all out and help me decide what to put back in. But then again, what if they don't appreciate all the treasures that might be useful someday????LOL

Rob
Old 03-12-2023, 12:03 AM

I've been a little side tracked, with my sewing room organization. 🤣 more like its been derailed ........ we just had a little addition to the family (picture below) and then my sweet Singer 99 decided she really needs to be rewired and I can't put it off any longer.
Attached Thumbnails 03c81539-4893-46bc-870c-bfc27d42d811.jpeg   a8e5b1c6-1c91-44c1-bb0e-f8a224f08863.jpeg  
Old 03-12-2023, 08:18 AM

What a cute new helper you have! Sorry about needing to rewire the 99. Are you going to do it yourself, or send it out to be done?
Old 03-12-2023, 09:12 AM

Your kitty is adorable. I must keep my very much loved cat out of my sewing room because she can't resist thread and has had surgery because of it. Keep a good eye on your beautiful kitten.
Old 03-12-2023, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by rryder View Post
What a cute new helper you have! Sorry about needing to rewire the 99. Are you going to do it yourself, or send it out to be done?
Thanks Rob, she is a little cutie. At 5 months old she is a ball of energy. I'm not very confident with the eletrical, so I will send her out. My LQS has a guy that knows vintage machines and I'll set things up with him. Good thing my Elan 500 is in decent shape. 😅 so I'll just switch from my 70+ year old Singer to the youngster Elan at 40 years.
Old 03-12-2023, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by SallyS View Post
Your kitty is adorable. I must keep my very much loved cat out of my sewing room because she can't resist thread and has had surgery because of it. Keep a good eye on your beautiful kitten.
😂😂 ...... just like baby proofing your house, my sewing room has all my threads, scissors, cutters, and needles put away in containers when not in use.