Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
14th Annual  Quilt Across Texas Sept 1 - Sept 30th >

14th Annual Quilt Across Texas Sept 1 - Sept 30th

14th Annual Quilt Across Texas Sept 1 - Sept 30th

Old 08-12-2011, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by JanTx
TexasGurl - I thought the same thing. We also have 3 - 4 more shops to get to than most regions. Still trying to figure out a way to get it done, but ... doesn't look like it. I'll do the ones I can get to and remember that I NEVER win prizes anyway! There can be two door prizes with three people in the shop and ... guess what?

To the block question: You can purchase the Texas panel that Debbie showed in her original post. It's available starting September 1. Then at each shop you will get a pattern for a block - "At each stop along the way you will be given, absolutely free, a different 6" sampler block pattern. Use these blocks to make a quilt that will commemorate our very first annual event." Moda has designed other Texas fabrics that will be available for purchase. If you create your own design using at least 50 different blocks and submit a photo of your quilt by December 31, 2011 you will be entered in a drawing for a $100 shopping spree at Stichin' Heaven in Quitman, TX.

So ... I'll do our local one - El Campo, probably Port Lavaca and Victoria. Richmond for sure - it's close. Then when I go to a wedding 9/24 I'll stop in the one in New Braunfels - it's not in our region, but I love that shop! As I said - this Working Thing really gets in the way of my life! I do hope it remains an annual event. That's something I'll look forward to when I retire!

Edited to add: I seriously could do the Hill Country region or the Austin - Dripping Springs, etc area easier than my own. There are 11 shops in the Hill Country one and one is even open on Sunday. Two are open until 6:00 on Friday. If I did some on Labor Day weekend and the rest when in the area for a wedding - might be possible!
WOW AUstin and the hill country is only 2 hours form us. SOunds like a good day trip. SO much to plan...