Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Any quilt shops in Stuart, FL??? >

Any quilt shops in Stuart, FL???

Any quilt shops in Stuart, FL???

Old 06-22-2010, 05:11 AM

We are going to Stuart, FL next week and was just wondering if there were any LQSs to be visited?
Old 06-22-2010, 05:24 AM

Lecture and Class for the Martin County Quilters Guild in Stuart, Florida

Thursday, October 14, 2010, 7:00 (meeting starts):

Lecture: Fabric Scraps Become Fine Art!

Stretching the boundaries of what can be done with fabric, Debbie encourages quilters and other fiber artists to see their work as fine art. She will show lots of samples along with slides, explaining how she “accidentally” developed her fusible technique and sharing how it doesn’t take any art training to create beautiful fabric decollage (a cross between decoupage and collage) without the time and planning required in quilting. Of course, stitching or quilting can also enhance these pieces. Not to replace quilting, but adding to it, this is a great way to work with all those leftover fabric scraps. Add a mat and frame, and voilá, it’s fine art! This will open up a whole new world to fabric lovers – you'll never look at fabric the same way again!

Friday, October 15, 2010, all day class:

Fabric Decollage Seascape Class. (For a detailed description, see the Classes page on this website.)

Create a breathtaking 11"x14" underwater scene, weaving fish through the kelp for a 3-D look, and you'll finish it in class! Debbie will have lots of samples and pictures to choose from, for inspiration. No stitching is needed, but you can stitch or quilt your seascape later, optionally. A supply list is available if you want to bring your own fabrics and supplies, or you can pay a $16 materials fee in class that provides almost everything (including thousands of fabrics to choose from!) -- you bring only a sharp pair of scissors. See examples on the Seascapes Page of this website.

These events will be held in Stuart. For more details, or if you are interested in taking this class, please contact me at 941-492-4314 or [email protected], or visit www.MCQuilters.com for more information.

I bet The ladys of the Martin county quilt guild in Stuart Fl know everything about the area! I copy pasted this page for you!
Old 06-22-2010, 05:50 AM

http://www.floridaquiltnetwork.com/shops.htm

This site will give tell you the quilt shops in Florida, just check and see if any are on your way or near where you're going to be. I just did a search for "quilt shops in or near Stuart, Florida" and this came up. There were others too.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:48 PM

Yes there is a great shop in Stuart, called Jam Patch, phone (772) 283-9689. Happy looking and shopping. Janey
Old 07-01-2010, 04:55 AM

I went to Jam Patch yesterday and got a pattern and some very "Florida" prints for a quilt. Loved it. The folks there were so nice and helpful. Looking forward to getting back to Missouri and getting my sewing machine fired up.