Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Anyone coordinated an overnight shop hop bus trip? >

Anyone coordinated an overnight shop hop bus trip?

Anyone coordinated an overnight shop hop bus trip?

Old 06-03-2014, 06:34 AM

Default Anyone coordinated an overnight shop hop bus trip?

Hi there!

I was driving in to work this morning and had this crazy idea to see if I could coordinate an overnight bus trip in the Fall (actually 3nights) from Michigan to Missouri Star Quilt Company, shop hopping on the way down and back.

I would love any input from those who have coordinated trips, from those who have been on trips, both pros and cons, and any feedback of any kind.

I've started listing notes as thoughts have come to mind and I can't believe how long my list is already.

Or if you might be interested in going. No idea on cost or concrete date, as of yet.

Thank you in advance.

Putz
Old 06-04-2014, 03:52 AM

Smile Trip

Originally Posted by Putz View Post
Hi there!

I was driving in to work this morning and had this crazy idea to see if I could coordinate an overnight bus trip in the Fall (actually 3nights) from Michigan to Missouri Star Quilt Company, shop hopping on the way down and back.

I would love any input from those who have coordinated trips, from those who have been on trips, both pros and cons, and any feedback of any kind.

I've started listing notes as thoughts have come to mind and I can't believe how long my list is already.

Or if you might be interested in going. No idea on cost or concrete date, as of yet.

Thank you in advance.

Putz
I am in Holly Mi. and would love to go! Kitty
Old 06-04-2014, 04:07 AM

That would be great, I am in Lapeer. Depends on the cost and the date.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:29 PM

Maybe contact Missouri Star Quilting , since that's the final destination.. they may be able to offer some assistance.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:28 PM

Have a cancellation policy. It will happen. Good luck and no thanks to coordinating a bus trip. Securing hotel rooms, planning stops, meals, etc. Enlist a quilt shop with experience in doing this. Charge enough to cover the empty seats that are sure to occur. The bus charter will be a set price either way. My 2 cents. Maybe the charter bus company will assist in planning this. Good luck.

sandy
Old 06-04-2014, 04:52 PM

Your local travel agency might take on the task. Ours does this regularly. Someone brings them an idea and they do all the planning. Usually they require 30 people for the trip to go.
Old 06-05-2014, 02:38 AM

I'd be interested if it didn't cost too much and it wasn't Sept. 8-14 and you could make a stop in Normal IL.
Old 06-05-2014, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter View Post
Your local travel agency might take on the task. Ours does this regularly. Someone brings them an idea and they do all the planning. Usually they require 30 people for the trip to go.
This is the best idea, contact a professional. Then post the information in all the quilting groups and FB you have access to, even the MI quilt shops may post it for you. I think you would fill a bus. there is so much interest in MSCC.
Old 06-05-2014, 05:53 AM

I went on a shop hop bus tour from Missouri Star about two years ago. We went north into Iowa and stopped at some great quilt stores. Some way out in the country, I can't remember where they were, but someone from Missouri Star might help you.
Old 06-08-2014, 03:33 PM

I'm interested in going. I've organized one-day bus trips for my quilt group from Waterford, MI to Shipshewana, IN. Add me to the list of interested people.