Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone interested in Texas Quilting Retreat?

I wanted to put together a Retreat in Texas--don't know how many is interested.. One place can hold 24 ladies with great big room for quilting! How about August----Getting prices! So let me know who is interested! I would like to start on Saturday and end whenever..... most places have 2 day minumim.

what part of Texas

I might be interested if a later date. And it depends on location. Where are you considering?

Quote Originally Posted by quiltykitty
    I might be interested if a later date. And it depends on location. Where are you considering?
    Me, too.

Blog Entries
    I might be interested if the price is right - -can't afford the high end retreats.

I have been checking on some prices, and they have them roughly about 76$ a night, with food. That is one around Bastrop Tx..also I got a email about another one, but no weekends left.
    I am waiting on a call about 1 around Beaumont tx, and it was about the cheapest, with 24 beds, big room. Anyone know of some places? We could do our own food, if it will save $$

depending where you are wanting to go. Stitchinheaven in Quitman, TX has a bunkhouse for $25.00 plus tax a nite. There is also a $100 deposit. You do your own food. Go to their web site and click on bunkhouse.
    About 9 of us are going in 2 weeks for 3 nites. I have 2 ladies do lunch 1 day, and 2 others do lunch the next day. We bring our own breakfast food. Then we do sandwiches or leftovers for the evening meal. Have fun

This one is in north central Texas in Van Alstyne.
    http://www.alfordinn.com/index.html

Not sure what area you are looking for but this one is 2 hrs from Austin and 2 hrs from Dallas and about 50 min from Waco. Hamilton is a cute little town and over labor day weekend they have the dove festival and quilt show. My husband and I have a bldg there and hope to start the retreats there in a year or so but in the meantime the quilt shop that is attached is very friendly and nice. http://www.onemorestitchtoquiltbegin...om/Events.html
    Also says you get a discount at the quilt shop with your retreat.

Hi,
    What part of TX are you thinking about? Thanks.
    Marcia

Blog Entries
    Oh that Hamilton place sound great! I like the idea of a quilt shop being close by

Sorry, I just read the other posts. I would possibly
    be interested if it were a little later and not so hot.
    The North Central area of TX would be great.
    Just my 2 cents worth.
    Marcia

The quilt shop is attached and Hamilton is really a cute town with the town sq. We hope to retire there soon. Wish our house was fixed I would make it available, furnished and already setup for sewing (darn)

Thanks, these are all great places and sound so good! Still waiting for some prices!

Quote Originally Posted by Donna Hall
    depending where you are wanting to go. Stitchinheaven in Quitman, TX has a bunkhouse for $25.00 plus tax a nite. There is also a $100 deposit. You do your own food. Go to their web site and click on bunkhouse.
    About 9 of us are going in 2 weeks for 3 nites. I have 2 ladies do lunch 1 day, and 2 others do lunch the next day. We bring our own breakfast food. Then we do sandwiches or leftovers for the evening meal. Have fun
    I looked up this place and it is really nice! I will check into it! They have a opening about Aug. 20. I think it is 5 hrs from where i live!! They have a minimum of 8. Love it!!

Ok, really want the Aug. 20th weekend, and possibly Mon/tues.. is this good with anybody? We have to have 8 to committ before I give a 100$ deposit.. It is Stitchin Heaven in Quitman Tx.
    I think 3 or 4 nights, and 25$ plus tax, is good and we can do our own food!

Blog Entries
    Let me run it by hubbie, as we had made plans to go to the Louisianan quilt shop hop that week - plus we have family from out of state at the beginning of Aug --this might be just too much for him

I have 3 so far, and waiting on few more replys!

I'm interested. :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Well, finally got hubbie to sit down and listen, but he is dead set on going to Louisiana for the shop hop - he and the daughter already have made some plans for the trip.
    When this was first mentioned, I really had more time available, but then found out later that some out of state family is coming in and we will be needing to go to Houston to visit with them. I sure would love to go to a Texas retreat some other time though, if I had some more notice, I could clear the decks so to speak BEFORE others made commitments of my time for me.

Quote Originally Posted by smtp5
    I have 3 so far, and waiting on few more replys!
    Did you check with The Compus Centre in Mt Calm Texas. She hold 32 and does the food. if you go on a sunday at 5 you and stay until thur at 10 am and sunday ends up free

The retreat in Bastrop is in my area yea. I haven't been to that one yet

Yes, I checked into it, this is what Melissa emailed me... I don't know If I could get some during the week! I checked on The Barn and it is in Coldspring Tx, and no weekends, but same as the others, we could go on Sunday, and may work!!

Hi Sandra:

Prices include meals $76.30 per person per night with a minimum 2 night stay. I have some midweek openings, but no weekends at the present time.

Thanks for the inquiry and let me know if I can answer any other questions.

Melissa

Oh I owuld LOVE TO GO and so would 2-3 others from here BUT we already have a church retreat planned for this fall and that is about all we cam do for now. Maybe next summer? And maybe then we can have a little more notice for planning? :)

I have a friend that has a large house. she can sleep 10 I can ask her if her place is aviable. aaaand see what she say
    She is a great quilter and cook

Ok, let us know, but this is what I found out---

I called the Red Barn in Coldspring and they do not have any weekends, and do not have weekdays open.

This is what I found from Stone Creek Lodge-- $42.50 per night..
    This is us doing the food! They do cook, and it would be $52.50night. But I personally don't mind cooking and getting food together, or whatever everyone wants.

10 ladies is the minimum, but they can hold 24.. Only pay when you stay..If you don't get there till Saturday, then pay.

Friday Aug. 20---5pm or later arrival. It is open through the next Friday, but trying to find out how long each wants to stay! 3-4 nights?
    This place is very nice/big! It is close to Beaumont, and they have a website, if you want to check out pictures....stonecreeklodge.com in Kountze TX.

So send me a email and let me know if you are interested since she is holding the dates for a few days!! I will let her know if we can get 10 or more.
    Thanks,
    Sandra Petry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast