AQS Lancaster PA

Old 03-10-2011, 08:24 AM

Lucky me...I live in Lancaster and am really doing it up this year. I'm taking the Easy Breezy Applique Workshop with Mary Sorensen on Wednesday. I'm attending two lectures on Thursday...Why We Quilt by Edyta Sitar and A Practical Approach to Fabric Selection by Mary Sorensen. Friday I'm attending the Machine Quilting tips and Tricks by Sue Nichols and going to Ricky Tims Concert in the evening. Last thing with be the Brunch with Karen Kay Buckley on Saturday! I actually am taking 3 vacation days so I can enjoy the full experience this year. Usually I manage to get in a couple of hours to quickly look at the show quilts and visit some vendors. The red ribbon sounds like a fabulous idea!
Old 03-10-2011, 08:33 AM

Old 03-10-2011, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Gomeyer
Hi, and welcome. I'm coming from Montana to the show and can't wait! I will be taking the class, but not on Fri. Also, have a quilt jurried into the show..VERY EXCITING. It's called The Red Vase (self explanitory) May see you there..Sue Wehmeyer 8-)
I can't wait to see your quilt in the show!
Old 03-10-2011, 09:35 AM

Red ribbon it is. I can't wait to meet some of you all. I can set up a meet for Friday am before the show and same for Sat - just a meet and greet in the show venue before they open the doors. If you want to get the info on where and when, please pm with your availability and contact info.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by kwhite
I hope so Kath. Shirley is going to be with me. Will you be alone?
I know Norbanaquilts is supposed to be coming on Friday but when I go I'll be by myself. Hopefully, we can all meet in an area of the convention center. I went to Verna's last Friday and got my backing for the batik quilt I'll be making from the fabrics i got when you and Shirley met on that snowy day!!!

Kathi in PA
Old 03-10-2011, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie k
where exactly arr you? I am 45 minutes from Harrisburg
Originally Posted by Kathi in PA
The AQS American quilter's Society show has quilt winners from different categories on display, lots of vendors and good times meeting and talking to other quilters. I believe they also have classes you can take as well.
I'm going Friday - vacation and mental health day from work. Went last year but would have been more fun if I could have met up with some folks from the board, but it seemed everyone was there different days and I still met fellow quilters and had a great time!!! Hen3rietta, what part of PA are you from? I'm from northwest of Harrisburg.
Kathi in PA
Lynnie k,

I live in Duncannon. I have heard of Mount Carmel and I can't quite place where it is exactly. Is everyone going to wear the red ribbon? Are we going to meet in the lobby area of the convention center and if so, what time?

Kathi in PA
Old 03-10-2011, 06:04 PM

I am going, I'm not sure I'll be there early enough on Fri or Sat before the show starts. I'll bring a red ribbon just in case. Where exactly should I wear it???