Cleveland INfo

Old 05-09-2010, 11:49 AM

I am about to go to Cleveland OH to visit relatives for a couple of weeks. Any must see quilt show going on there this month? How about a wonderful LQS that's a must see? Any other special places to visit? BTW, I've been to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame already...want to go back again and again and again...
Old 05-09-2010, 12:02 PM
Power Poster

Have a good time, sorry I don't know the Cleveland area
Old 05-09-2010, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by LastGrandma
I am about to go to Cleveland OH to visit relatives for a couple of weeks. Any must see quilt show going on there this month? How about a wonderful LQS that's a must see? Any other special places to visit? BTW, I've been to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame already...want to go back again and again and again...
One of my favorite quilt stores is Abigayles in Olmsted Falls. Take 480 West to the Great Northern exit and then turn south. Watch for it in a charming victorian house on your right.

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is always fun. The Cleveland Museum of Art has been undergoing a major remodel over the last several years and much of it has reopened now. You might enjoy that.

I have lived in the Cleveland area all my life, so if you have any specific questions, I can probably answer them.
Old 05-09-2010, 01:05 PM

If you go thru Fremont, OH (approx 50 miles west of Cleveland) you can visit TheDoorMouse (actually its in Bettsville just a few minutes south of Fremont).
It's website is http://thedoormouse.com
It's a converted barn 2 floors full of fabrics etc. The open areas between the rows of fabrics are also full of bolts sitting on the floor!
Their website has a map and a coupon.
I used to live near there and loved it!
Now I only get there maybe once a year.
It has everything.
Here is a pretty good list of other Ohio quilt shops.
http://www.touring-ohio.com/ohio-quilt-shops.html
Have fun!
Old 05-09-2010, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by fabric-holic
If you go thru Fremont, OH (approx 50 miles west of Cleveland) you can visit TheDoorMouse (actually its in Bettsville just a few minutes south of Fremont).
It's website is http://thedoormouse.com
It's a converted barn 2 floors full of fabrics etc. The open areas between the rows of fabrics are also full of bolts sitting on the floor!
Their website has a map and a coupon.
I used to live near there and loved it!
Now I only get there maybe once a year.
It has everything.
Here is a pretty good list of other Ohio quilt shops.
http://www.touring-ohio.com/ohio-quilt-shops.html
Have fun!
That's a great suggestion!! Even if you aren't near Fremont, it's worth a day trip to go. I try to get there once a year or so also. I live about an hour away, and it's well worth the trip.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:32 PM
Google Goddess

Have fun on your trip!
Old 05-09-2010, 02:34 PM

My inlaws live in Euclid but my bro and law lives in Mt. Vernon closer to Columbus and when we're there, I always go to Amish country to see quilts and shop at their stores. Such beautiful work!
Old 05-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Google Goddess

be sure to google your trip to find quilt shops, but call the shops ahead of time to be sure they are still open for business and not closed up on certain days, have fun
Old 05-09-2010, 02:47 PM
Google Goddess

Also you might go and visit Shipshewana, Indiana, 2 nice fabric shops there and others in the areas, have fun!
Old 05-11-2010, 04:57 PM

Thank you all for the great suggestions and good wishes about LQS in and around Cleveland. We will some this week and next! You guys are terrific!