Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone here live near Kokomo Indiana?

Blog Entries
    There's going to be a small quilt show there at the end of the month-I was wondering if anyone here is going.

Blog Entries
    CraftyBear might be going ...

I have a DS that lives in Kokomo, but unfortunately I won't be up there to visit, she just came to see me!! I'm originally from Marion, IN., I've only been in FL. for 5 yrs.!

Hello Gale, I live down by Terre Haute in Rockville, IN and a group of us are coming up there for the show on Saturday!! We just went to the Shipshewana festival in June.

I live in Decatur,In I do not think I will be going unless I find a rider..In Berne,IN we have a Quilt Show along with Berne Swiss Days It is a very nice quilt show.I think $3 to get in but every person gets a book or pattern from House of White Birtches.So it is well worth it. and usually over 200 or more quilts to look at. :lol:

Decatur is over by the Ohio line isn't it?

Decatur is south of Fort Wayne Indiana...Berne is south of Decatur...

When is the quilt show? Thre is a store there in Burne also, isn't there? We talked about getting to it sometime. Is it a nice one?

Do you have the information on this? I live in Lafayette and don't know anything about it. Might come if I know the where, when, and such. Thanks!
    Cathy

Blog Entries
    It's at the Kokomo Events center which is on the north end of town next to the Taco Bell and McDonalds there. It's actually a shop hop rather than a show, I guess. Says 20 shops, fabric & fun, games & prizes. Friday July 30th from 9am to 7pm and Saturday July 31st from 9am to 5 pm. $5 admission (need to email and see if I'm going to have to pay for my kids to go). For info contact this company:
    http://www.nancyjsfabrics.com/

The last one I went to (which, coincidentally, was in Lafayette at a church) had a few booths and a lot of quilts hanging but I don't know if they were judged or just there for show.

For me it's worth the hour drive because I don't have a decent shop or anything nearby. For you it's an hour as well, I guess, but I just like getting out of town, honestly. I live in a podunk town that doesn't even have a light. I can only dream of having the shopping opportunities Lafayette offers. lol

btw Lafayette is where I bought my new sewing machine. I bought it at Cheryl's.

I haven't decided yet if we'll go on Friday or Saturday.

Thanks Gale for the info, will have to see about going, maybe I can get my sister to go with me that day. It's funny about the quilt shops, I haven't went to any here in town, crazy huh? Guess that would give me something to do one day, just hate going by myself to anything. I am going to see about taking a class at the Rossville quilt shop. Now that I am not working (unemployed), and not doing school I have time on my hands and can go. Just would be nice to have someone to do it with, I think that is my draw back.

Thanks again for the information.
    Cathy

Cathy, We will be going on Saturday to the Kokomo show and can meet you someplace and go with us or follow us. I think there will be 5 or 6 of us going. Our ages are 45 - 60!!! We all work full time and go on road trips to shops and shows several times a year. We just got back from the Shipshewana Quilt Show in June and had a great time. If you think you'e interested, I'll send you my cell phone number. Sand Hanson from Rockville. [email protected]

No, but I leave near Kokomo, Mississippi. Just for smiles!
    "Quilters never die, they just go to pieces!"
    Betty in Mississippi

Oh, that sounds like fun. My girlfriend is coming up from Tennessee and stopping in Indy on Thursday. I may meet her there on Friday on her way up to see me in Syracuse.

My little quilting friends group are going to be there on Friday. It sounds like fun. As one of the ladies put it, start saving your spare change....if you don't buy, it ain't fun.

Blog Entries
    Too bad there isn't a quiltingboard.com tshirt we can all wear so we can identify one another. lol

We could color code ouselves!!! Our family reunion each family wears a certain color!!! I keep wanting our small group to get something color coded and made by us to wear to events and we can't even get that done!!! Sandy in IN

There is a quilt shop in Berne called the Engine house and it is very nice. Decatur also has a quilt shop called Country Creations and she does have a longarm. Nice shop with a country feel.
    Berne show is Thursday night (it is hung during the day)Friday open 9 to 7,Saturday 9 to 3.

Blog Entries
    Gale--There are a lot of podunk towns in Indiana. Which one do you live in. A misplaced Hoosier wants to know. Podunk being an Indiana word if there ever was one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by McQuilter
    Gale--There are a lot of podunk towns in Indiana. Which one do you live in. A misplaced Hoosier wants to know. Podunk being an Indiana word if there ever was one.
    I live in Thornhope. I think it's on most maps but there's no zip code or anything so when I write my address, it's Star City. Both pretty small towns although Star City does have a few businesses. I think the only businesses in our town are the grain elevator and a church. There used to be a guy that sold feed out of his barn too.

Blog Entries
    In case anyone needs to know, admission is $2 for kids age 13-17 and free for under 12. So I only have to pay for 2 of my kids.

There are at least 2 of us from the Fort Wayne area heading to the Kokomo show on Friday. Can't wait.

Blog Entries
    I'm planning to go on Friday (tomorrow). If I remember to, I'll print out the membership card and pin it to my purse or something. I'll probably be wearing a pink shirt w/ a plaid mickey mouse on it and denim shorts or camo shorts. Probably won't be there until 1 pm or so.

Oh -and I sent dh to the bank with a check that I got for online surveys and when he gave me the envelope with the cash, he had added some $$ to it. What a guy. :mrgreen:

I will print off my card as well and pin it to my shirt. We are leaving Fort Wayne around 8am. Planning to spend the day, or until my feet give out! :roll:

Blog Entries
    Went but didn't see any others with cards. It was pretty crowded though! And will probably be even more so tomorrow. I spent almost $100 (which is actually not bad) but had lots of fun looking at all the booths.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast