Florida Quilt Shops Row By Row

Old 07-21-2015, 04:10 AM

Default Florida Quilt Shops Row By Row

I am planning a trip to Florida and want to collect the Row By Row. What is your favorite quilt shop and which of the shops on the east coast should I not miss.
I have heard that he Store in Melbourne is really great. Let me Know.
Thanks
Old 07-21-2015, 04:22 AM

I think you are referring to The Quilt Place in Rockledge FL, which is just north of Melbourne, although there are other Melbourne area quilt shops too. The Quilt Place is participating in Row by Row, and it has an amazing stock of fabrics. The Quilt Shop of Deland also is taking part in Row by Row. While it is much smaller in terms of fabrics, the owner is often featured on national quilt shows demoing her techniques and original fabrics.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:00 AM

I was told that the Boutique 4 Quilters is a really outstanding Quilt Shop Anyone goes there?
Old 07-21-2015, 05:23 AM

Quilt Shop of Deland!! Judy Hansen owner - see her in most quilt magazines. Fabric/pattern designer & an absolute delight!!
Old 07-22-2015, 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by jarenie View Post
I was told that the Boutique 4 Quilters is a really outstanding Quilt Shop Anyone goes there?
Yes, it was worth the visit. The Quilt Shop was a good visit, too. We also did Quilt Shop of DeLand and the shop in Orange City which is close to DeLand. We did it all within a day, plus had a two hour visit with friends. Enjoy your visits.
Old 07-22-2015, 05:16 AM

I never thought I'd get to go to so many shops. I'm in central Florida and went to Quilters Cove, Wandering Stitches, Sewing Studio, and Bernina Sewing Center in Lake Mary, and Sewing Studio. While on vacation last week, I was in Sarasota, and went to A Quilter's Stash, A Quilter's Journey, Cotton Patch Quilt Shop, and Deborah's Quilt Basket in Venice. It all depends on what type of rows and design you are interested in. If you go to rowbyrowexperience.com/facebookFlorida you can see some of the stores with their rows displayed that I mentioned above and also a lot of the finished quilts from stores. Oh, I also went to Expert Sewing Center in Sarasota - cute one with a "sailing dog pattern" dedicated to guide dogs. It is all person preference but I liked all the rows I accumulated and some day hope to finish them! Expert Sewing Center will be moving to Port Charlotte so call before you go. Anybody else doing the row by row for Florida?
Old 07-22-2015, 05:17 AM

One more, also went to Sew Worth It in Sarasota. All fun shops - my other interest in Civil War fabric which I'm just getting into, and 1930's reproduction fabric which I'm hand piecing in grandmother's flower garden. Have fun and enjoy!
Old 07-22-2015, 12:28 PM
Power Poster

I haven't been to Florida in 40 years but I buy from Quilting by the Bay. They have an excellent selection of batiks.
Old 07-22-2015, 01:22 PM

Cinnamon Quilt Shop in Jacksonville is a great shop. They participated in a shop hop earlier this year and my first and only visit (to date) was awesome.
Old 07-22-2015, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Beachbaby12 View Post
One more, also went to Sew Worth It in Sarasota. All fun shops - my other interest in Civil War fabric which I'm just getting into, and 1930's reproduction fabric which I'm hand piecing in grandmother's flower garden. Have fun and enjoy!
OOOOH, my DH suprised me with a stop here when we got to Sarasota! GREAT little shop with beautiful fabrics.