Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Going to the Houston Quilt Show..... >

Going to the Houston Quilt Show.....

Going to the Houston Quilt Show.....

Old 08-30-2010, 07:59 PM

Wahoooooooo so glad to see so many QB members going. As we get closer we can make plans to meet. I am so excited. I lvoe to meet people. I am keeping a list of everyone going so I know who to look for.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:18 PM

Oh I wish I could go, but I am a caregiver for my Mother (89) and she has Alz. Please someone look at Nancy Kerns Baltimore Album the "Mary Simons" for me. Her work is so beautiful she did lessons on a another board, I hope one day to do this quilt. It's hand appliqued and hand quilted. I think she said it took over 10 years to do. Please look at it. Marye
Old 08-30-2010, 08:18 PM

Oh I wish I could go, but I am a caregiver for my Mother (89) and she has Alz. Please someone look at Nancy Kerns Baltimore Album the "Mary Simons" for me. Her work is so beautiful she did lessons on a another board, I hope one day to do this quilt. It's hand appliqued and hand quilted. I think she said it took over 10 years to do. Please look at it. Marye
Old 09-01-2010, 04:49 PM

I will make it a point to see this. Camera ready too. SO glad your mom has you though. I am sitting at the hospital with my mom who had knee replacement at age 79. I take care of her and she is beginning alzs. So sad. SO far it is just repeating a lot and not remembering everything. I know we have a long way to go. Will be thinking of you.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:05 PM

Debbie,my mom does not know me any longer she think I am her mother.
Old 09-05-2010, 02:10 PM
Dix

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
Wahoooooooo so glad to see so many QB members going. As we get closer we can make plans to meet. I am so excited. I lvoe to meet people. I am keeping a list of everyone going so I know who to look for.
Debbie, Please keep me post on if and where a bunch will meet. I think that would be so much fun. We have 3 of our group that will drive down and stay at the Hyatt. I have not been to the show before, but am looking forward to seeing all the quilts. Please pm me as decisions are made. Maybe we should exchange cell phone numbers.
Thanks,
Old 09-05-2010, 08:40 PM

I got your number Dix, Thanks. I iwll keep you posted. We aren't planning on anything until it gets closer. Watch this post too. I am going to make a list of everyone and watch for them too. Wahoooooooo.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:47 PM

I can't wait. This will be my first time and if it works so we can meet each other, it will make the trip so much more fun. I even dump my friends for the board. They are already aware of me running off and leaving them. That is why we have cell phones.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:52 PM

I am planning on going for the day on Saturday with my guild. I'm near Austin.
Sharon Weaver
Old 09-05-2010, 08:55 PM

I would like to go to the Houston show Next Year. I am a 1 yr Newbie. Wondering...Which is THE show in the country to go to to see the REALLY Nouveau, abstract, artsy quilts...?ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW...? I also heard that the enrty quilts DO NOT have to be bordered to be entered as submissions? Heard this at an Anne Lullie Quilt presentation.
Does anyone out there know anythong about or heard of large scale 3-D quilting? Or has anyone at ALL heard of the quilter Beth Medema...?

Yvette :)