Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Going to visit San Diego

  1. #1
    Super Member featherweight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Westminster, Co
    Posts
    2,701
    Myself and a friend are going to San Diego Nov 16-22. Is there any Quilt Shows that we might visit while we are there. For a great show we would drive to the LA area also. We want to visit Quilts Shops also. Thanks for your input.

  2. #2
    Super Member IrishNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    was Upstate NY, now Winston-Salem NC
    Posts
    2,025
    Make sure you visit

    Rosie's Calico Cupboard,
    7151 El Cajon Blvd # F
    San Diego, CA 92115-1819
    (619) 697-5758

    Tons of fabric and really great prices!

  3. #3
    Moderator Jim's Gem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Camarillo, California
    Posts
    35,480
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishNY
    Make sure you visit

    Rosie's Calico Cupboard,
    7151 El Cajon Blvd # F
    San Diego, CA 92115-1819
    (619) 697-5758

    Tons of fabric and really great prices!
    Just what I was going to say!!!!!

  4. #4
    Super Member featherweight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Westminster, Co
    Posts
    2,701
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishNY
    Make sure you visit

    Rosie's Calico Cupboard,
    7151 El Cajon Blvd # F
    San Diego, CA 92115-1819
    (619) 697-5758

    Tons of fabric and really great prices!
    Thanks, I will put it in my GPS!!!

  5. #5
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,306
    Quilt in a Day 1/2 mile north (it says on site)
    1955 Diamond Street San Marcos, CA 92078

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    554
    Yes, you have to go to Rosies. Plan to spend a fair amount of time. It has a lot and the prices are discounted.
    Verna in So CA

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    554
    Oh, I forgot to tell you that Rosies has a web site. Rosie's Calico Cupboard. You can get an idea ahead of time about what she has. Also, she has a newsletter that has discount coupons you can print out and use at her shop.
    Verna in So CA

  8. #8
    Super Member featherweight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Westminster, Co
    Posts
    2,701
    Quote Originally Posted by VernaL
    Oh, I forgot to tell you that Rosies has a web site. Rosie's Calico Cupboard. You can get an idea ahead of time about what she has. Also, she has a newsletter that has discount coupons you can print out and use at her shop.
    Verna in So CA
    Thank you so much, I am going to check it out this evening. Beth

  9. #9
    Super Member IrishNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    was Upstate NY, now Winston-Salem NC
    Posts
    2,025
    I also liked

    Quilter's Choice
    417 Third Avenue
    Chula Vista, CA 91910.
    Tel # 619/425-2545.

    small and crowded but I found a couple of really interesting fabrics that I hadn't seen elsewhere (and that doesn't happen very often) :D

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    26
    There are 16 quilt shops in San Diego county. PM me with what you are looking for and I will give you the shops that I think you would be most interested in.

    Rosie's is good - lots and lots of fabric, but not too much in the way of "standouts."

    I'm not aware of any quilt shows for November, but I will keep my eyes open and let you know if I hear of one.

    cd

  11. #11
    Super Member featherweight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Westminster, Co
    Posts
    2,701
    Quote Originally Posted by wholehog
    There are 16 quilt shops in San Diego county. PM me with what you are looking for and I will give you the shops that I think you would be most interested in.

    Rosie's is good - lots and lots of fabric, but not too much in the way of "standouts."

    I'm not aware of any quilt shows for November, but I will keep my eyes open and let you know if I hear of one.

    cd
    Thank you so much..

  12. #12
    Super Member RugosaB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ohio, just east of Toledo
    Posts
    1,361
    What a timely post! My husband and I are going to San Diego Nove 12-14 to see our son. He's a nuke on the USS Ronald Reagan and we knew when he joined, he belongs to them, so his 'time off' might relly be time at sea if they change the schedule around, so visiting quilt shops may be in my future

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    26
    RugosaB, same applies to you like Beth: PM me with what you want/are looking for, and I will give you a list of the quilt stores that I think fit.

    cd

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.