Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Heading for Florida...any suggestions? >

Heading for Florida...any suggestions?

Heading for Florida...any suggestions?

Old 11-01-2010, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by barbrdunn
I'm going to both West Palm Beach and Orlando for a couple weeks and would appreciate if any of you can suggest some great quilt shops I can visit while there...or any place else I should visit. I'm planning on lounging on the beach and by the pool in Palm Beach while hubby fishes at Okeechobee...dolphin swimming in Orlando while hubby golfs. Looking forward to my first extended trip to Florida.
WOW!!! you are going into my stomping grounds.West Palm Beach and Okeechobee, My oldest daughter and 3 Grndsons with Grt.grnds and 2 sisters live in Okeechobee.. There aren't any quilt shops in Okeechobee itself,But the WalMart there still has Material. It has been 6 yrs since I have been in WPBeach They do have several quilt shops but at this moment in time I can not think of the location of a single one. :oops: I will seach my papers for Phone # and locations.. have a wonderful Vacation... The Big O is a place for wonderful Fresh water fishing have spent many days and nights on the lake in a pontoon Boat on it. That is really the only thing I miss abt. FL is the big lake it is 40 miles by 60 miles and I lived most of my life next to it. Could hear the waves when wind was blowing,of course there is a dike or levy going around the whole lake.
To see the big Estates you can go to Palm Beach it is where the Rich and Famous live and Shop on Worth Ave .. We used to go to the beach there it is a public place and across the street are the Estates.
BillsBonBon
Old 11-01-2010, 09:25 AM

There is a World Quilt Show, Nov 12, 13, 14 in West Palm Beach.

My favorite quilt show is My Quilt Shoppe, 6901 Okeechobee Blvd., West Palm Beach (Closed Sun and Mon). They are such great people

Have a great trip down south
Old 11-01-2010, 09:27 AM

I live in Delray Bch and hope I will see you on the 12th at the quilt show. Maybe we can meet up.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:36 AM
Suz

My suggestion: TAKE ME ALONG. Suz
Old 11-01-2010, 12:00 PM

Hi, As mentioned, the quilt show in West Palm is great. I'll be there with two quilting buddies and would love to meet up with you on Friday 11/12. There is a great shop in Stuart Fl...about 45 minutes north of West Palm. It's called the JAM Patch. Located on Central Parkway Stuart. Enjoy your visit.
June
Old 11-01-2010, 03:52 PM

QUILT SHOP of DELAND!!! Judy Hansen is the owner and you can see her fabrics in all the good quilt magazines. She designs fabrics/patterns/kits, etc. etc. She is an absolute delight and her shop is fabulous!!! Check online for other FL quilt shops in the areas you will be visiting and for all there is to do in FL. Have a great time!
Old 11-01-2010, 04:30 PM

There's a nice little theme park near Orlando that I went to once...
Old 11-01-2010, 04:41 PM

Hi, I went to the best sewing store in West Palm Beach exit 77 off Rte 95. You won't meet a nicer person. I took a class there this summer. I just can't say enough about how wonderful Laura is. Please say Jane, from NY sent you and give her my regards sewingwithlaura.com
Old 11-01-2010, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by LaurieE
Rainbow's End Quilt Shop in Dunedin is THE quilt shop to go to in Florida. It's on the Gulf side of the state. I don't get there very often because it's a 4 - 4 1/2 hour drive for me. Here's their website: http://rainbowsendquiltshoppe.com/
Oh my, I totally second that!!! I went there when I was visiting my daughter in Tampa...HUGE!!! So much fabric to choose from, I could spend the entire day there!
Old 11-02-2010, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by junebug fl
Hi, As mentioned, the quilt show in West Palm is great. I'll be there with two quilting buddies and would love to meet up with you on Friday 11/12. There is a great shop in Stuart Fl...about 45 minutes north of West Palm. It's called the JAM Patch. Located on Central Parkway Stuart. Enjoy your visit.
June
Thanks so much Junebug, but unfortunately we will be leaving West Palm Beach on Thursday the 10th! I am so sad the timing does not work out. We are meeting family in Orlando for the weekend and I just can't flake out on them...it's tempting though (LOL).