Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: heard today that AQS is adding a show in Branson, MO???

Super Member quiltingshorttimer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

heard today that AQS is adding a show in Branson, MO???

Heard from a reliable source today that AQS is planning to bring quilt shows to Branson MO in the next year. Wondered if anyone else has heard this--I'm an AQS member and have not seen anything about this at all, so wondered if anyone else has heard this?

It's in March, so maybe a replacement for Paducah Spring show that is being discontinued?

Why is the Paducah show being discontinued?

The Fall show is being discontinued. With all of the community involvement and sold out hotel rooms, I would imagine that the Spring Paducah show would be the very last show they would cancel. I haven't heard anything about a Branson show but if they do it in the Fall it would be great - the weather in the Ozarks in fall is awesome! I'm trying to think of any venue in Branson that would hold a large quilt show but I can't come up with anything. Most of their large buildings are built for stage shows, not conventions. I'm sure there is something that is not coming to mind.

AQS is partnering with MSQC to open a Sewing Museum in Hamilton MO.
    Branson is a nice and that rumor sounds great to me. I would prefer Little Rock, AR. LOL
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Blog Entries
    ok--went on AQS website and the Branson show is in March 2021, not 2020. probably means a road trip for several of my quilting buddies,but hope that it doesn't have negative impact on the KC Regional Quilt Fest which is scheduled for June of 2021.

Just a little more info - The dates are
    March 24-27, 2021
    March 23-26, 2022
    March 22-25, 2023
    The show will be held at the Branson Convention Center (attached to the Hilton Hotel) at Branson Landing. Ozark Piecemakers Quilt Guild in Springfield, Missouri, is the host Guild. The above information was posted in our Guild newsletter in mid-September.

Blog Entries
    Thanks, Annie--we've been discussing where in Branson the show would be. So does this mean the Ozark Piecemakers won't be having their large show in Springfield?

OPQG is now working on our show for September 2020. As far as I know, we will still have our show in September 2022.