Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
HNG Quilt Show, Nebraska City, NE >

HNG Quilt Show, Nebraska City, NE

HNG Quilt Show, Nebraska City, NE

Old 09-13-2011, 07:27 AM

Any who are close, there is a quilt show Saturday and Sunday, 17 & 18, at Bethel United Church of Christ, 2400 Central Ave, Nebraska City, NE. Saturday hours are 9-5, Sunday 10-4.

It is put on by the Heritage Needlework Guild. They always have a good variety of quilts, and I hear there are two featured individuals this year, one with several of her quilts, and one with a collection of needlework. The lady with the needlework is Gloria Hall, who had a line of feedsack reproductions (maybe manufactured last year?). The featured quilter is Shelly Burge, author of "Terrific Triangles" and "Small Quilts Made Easy."

I have gone several years - they always hold it the same weekend in September - and it has never disappointed. I get lots of ideas for new projects. I hope some of you are close enough to come. It should be a good one.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
Any who are close, there is a quilt show Saturday and Sunday, 17 & 18, at Bethel United Church of Christ, 2400 Central Ave, Nebraska City, NE. Saturday hours are 9-5, Sunday 10-4.

It is put on by the Heritage Needlework Guild. They always have a good variety of quilts, and I hear there are two featured individuals this year, one with several of her quilts, and one with a collection of needlework. The lady with the needlework is Gloria Hall, who had a line of feedsack reproductions (maybe manufactured last year?). The featured quilter is Shelly Burge, author of "Terrific Triangles" and "Small Quilts Made Easy."

I have gone several years - they always hold it the same weekend in September - and it has never disappointed. I get lots of ideas for new projects. I hope some of you are close enough to come. It should be a good one.
Thanks, I live in Lincoln and grew up in NC. Hope I can make it this year.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:38 AM

Thanks for the info. I'll keep it in mind for next year as this weekend is "Half Way to St. Pat's Day" in Greeley, NE.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:12 AM

This show brings back many great memories of when I lived in Syracuse, NE and belonged to HNG.