Houston Quilt Show

Old 10-28-2010, 08:49 PM
Banned

QMB members are going to wear Selvage ribbon pins to identify us to each other. We are going to meet in the food court on Friday at 1:00 pm. See the other thread.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:00 PM

To all those International Quilt Festival wannabees, you will be able to view photos of the show in Houston beginning Nov. 4 by going to www.Quilts.com and clicking on the "Ruby Slippers".
If you haven't attended this festival then you need to make plans to go in the future. You won't believe how big it actually is until you attend one! I know because I've been going for many years now and it NEVER ceases to impress. Besides quilting fabric, notions, books, etc. you will also find Victorian items, antique items, beads, jewelry and findings, all types of sewing machines and many more items too numerous to mention here. So please go when you can, bring a friend with you and your walking shoes. This year I hope to meet many of you wearing your salvage dots, especially at 1pm on Friday at the food court! See you there.
Peg
Old 10-29-2010, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by gaigai
Originally Posted by PattyH
I think that the vendor (forgot who it is) in booth 2028 is having a sign up sheet for all forum members who will be at the show. As far as meeting up in a specific area, I haven't heard anything. I'll be there all day Thursday and maybe go back on Sunday afternoon to pick up what I was too frugal to buy on Thursday.
OK, I'll see if I can find out who's in that booth. And Terri will be coming in Thursday afternoon. I'm picking her up from the airport, so we'll be there. Maybe we can meet towards the end of the show. We are going to wear selvage ribbons on our shirts to identify us as QMB members. See that other thread.
FYI: Terri and Machel are coming in on Wed :) Looking forward to meeting you
Old 10-29-2010, 08:27 PM

I am really looking forward from a distant country to see the Houston Show. Many thanks to inform us.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:22 AM

Note for those going to Houston:
I don't know if you're renting a car, but if so, and if you have time (if you can tear yourself away from the show), if you like Greek food, there's a neat place at 2520 Montrose Blvd, a little north of Westheimer, called Nico-Nico's - one of my favorites. I just checked online, and guess what - there is another one downtown at 301 Milam @ Congress, in what's called Market Square. Best gyros in town! http://mtours.digispin.com/?sid=51223 And they do deliver! (I'm learning all sorts of stuff!)

There's also Massa's at 1150 Smith (between Dallas & Lamar) or Massa's Seafood Grill at 1331 Lamar (between Caroline & Austin).

For great Chinese, Kim Son, 300 Milam (near Congress).

Really authentic Vietnamese: Mai's, at 3403 Milam, near Francis (down toward the Museum District - just south of downtown) where the decor is super-tacky, but the food is outstanding... always full of Vietnamese people - that's always a good sign.

If you don't have a car, there are shuttles that go all over the downtown area.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:51 PM

Ok, here are our tags that we made. Ok, Machel made them...
Attached Thumbnails attachment-118286.jpe  
Old 11-02-2010, 02:58 PM

Oh, cute-cute-cute! Where can I get one, and when? I will be there Wednesday evening and one other day (not sure which day yet).
Old 11-02-2010, 03:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Alondra
Oh, cute-cute-cute! Where can I get one, and when? I will be there Wednesday evening and one other day (not sure which day yet).
We're all making our own from selvages.