How would you quilt this?

Old 09-16-2020, 01:51 PM

Default How would you quilt this?

I finally finished piecing this applique butterfly quilt but, I'm at a loss on how to quilt it. I don't want to quilt over the appliques. I thought maybe a crosshatch but, was told that would take away from the butterflies. Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails butterfly-quilt.jpg  
Old 09-16-2020, 02:43 PM
Power Poster

I would outline quilt the butterflies. You could straight stitch down the sashing. Check the batting requirements for how much quilting is needed. Lovely top!
Old 09-18-2020, 06:45 AM

first of all I love all your "flutterbys" I would love to quilt around the outline of each part of the butterfly and then down the sashing. The 1/4" around the outsides would be recommended if you are wanting to just highlight the outer edge of the butterfly. Check on batting recommendations. This quilt lends itself to several different possibilities. Making the butterflies shine is the object I would go around in the ditch of each part then echo again at 1/4"
Old 10-14-2020, 02:40 PM

You could free motion on the butterfly's, to bring their shape and color. Then use tracing paper and make little butterfly's in the sashing. Just Idea.