Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
HSN to feature Martelli products on-air, 8/18/2011 >

HSN to feature Martelli products on-air, 8/18/2011

HSN to feature Martelli products on-air, 8/18/2011

Old 08-25-2011, 05:19 AM

Thanks for the info Bodacia!!

Got my two sets yesterday and haven't had much time to "play" yet, so I'll give a mini-review and then come back with more later.

The no-slip rings are AWESOME! I tried both the small and the large on my regular machine (Singer Quantum L-500 with 8.5" throat space) and they worked wonderfully. I actually like these a lot better than the Quilt Halo, because of the little knob handles. They make my hands a lot more comfortable because it gives me something to grab onto securely.

I have a bit of a learning curve with the rotary cutter, but I'm sure I will get used to it... I just have to get the hang of putting my index finger over the top of it. Funny story... when I opened the package and went to use it for the first time... sproinggg!... there went the little spring, flying across the room. Luckily the Martelli website has a bunch of fantastic videos, and one of them was how to replace the spring! So I just watched a couple of times and then put the little devil right back on... no problem.

The cutter came with the non-slip templates in many different sizes, and they truly are non-slip. I was able to cut and spin the fabric and template just like David showed on HSN, and there was absolutely no slippage. Pretty amazing! If somebody from Martelli is reading here - we need more shapes! How about some rectangles??

Hope this helps somebody in making a decision about these products. I am really, really pleased and will definitely be heading over to the Martelli website for more.