Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
I am heading to Charlotte North Carolina >

I am heading to Charlotte North Carolina

I am heading to Charlotte North Carolina

Old 06-24-2010, 06:45 AM

I would love to meet you if we can work things out. We have just sold our house near UNCC, so I know that area well. We have moved to a retirement village due to my husband's health. (I insisted on having a cottage here with a sewing room and space for my cloth!)

Yes, Mary Jo's is a must! Concord Mills is a huge shopping mall between Charlotte and Concord; a good Bernina store with lots of fabrics and patterns is near that.

In downtown Charlotte is the main library including Imaginon, the Levine Museum, Discovery Place science museum, and the Blumenthal auditorium.

Okay, I could go on and on, being one of the rare Charlotte natives.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:23 AM

Find and go to Mary Jo's Cloth Store. Fabulous! Have not been back to Charlotte NC for several years, and have heard that Mary Jo's moved to another location. Ask around, find it, go enjoy!
Old 06-26-2010, 02:42 PM

Mooresville is about 15, 20 min north of Charlotte and I LOVE "The Loft" Tons of bolts of fabric and it is really nice fabric. My daughter has a house at Lake Norman and we always go there when I go down. I am leaving on July the 2nd to go but not sure how long I am staying. My X Mother n law is going with me so im not sure when she will want to return.
Also there is a wonderful shop called "Miss Estelles" in Mooresville that you would enjoy. Stuff you would not see just anywhere. I enjoyed Mary Jo's also.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:56 PM
Power Poster

I need to save this thread for the next time I visit my DS and DDIL--and they think I come to see the grandbaby!!
Old 07-02-2010, 10:42 PM
Power Poster

I am getting excited :lol: Leaving here now on the 16, expected to be there on the 17th , hoping to drive straight thru, about 12 hours ! Will be there the week ,leaving I think on the 25th to come home . So let me know if that fits into anyones' schedules :thumbup:
Old 07-03-2010, 12:01 PM

iF YOU ARE GOING TO BE PASSING THOUGH ASHEVILLE, MAYBE YOU COULD STOP AT "FLETCHER FOAM AND FABRICS" ON HIGHWAY 25 SOUTH........THEY HAVE LOTS OF FABRIC AND ALWAYS A GOOD SALE TABLE TOO........
Old 07-03-2010, 05:32 PM

You are close to the mecca of quilting stores. In Gastonia is Mary Jo's about 20 minutes away. OMG take lots of $$$. Good selection and low prices. My advise sleep good the night before, good walking shoes and eat before you walk in. I almost refused to go in as the building unnerved me being rundown. But the fisrt time I went I spent $330 then the next day another 200. Enjoy the Irsh pub in the center of town was great but can't remember the name.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:28 AM

Sharon, I know this is an older topic but how was the trip? I am possibly relocating to Charlotte and looking forward to lot's to see and do..