Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Just moved to WA

Red face Just moved to WA

I've been on Quilting Board for a while, but am looking to meet any local members in Snohomish County, WA.
    Just bought a house in Lake Stevens, so the next couple months I'll be busy making our own.
    Retired math teacher --
    I CAN FIGURE IT OUT!

Enjoy living in the state of Washington. I just remember in my youth, it sure did rain a lot. Good luck with all the unpacking and trying to get organized.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

You moved to a very lovely area. My husband was born and raised in North Seattle and Edmonds, I lived for 11 years in Kent and Edmonds. (We lived on Lake Ballinger.)

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Good luck and have fun in Washington. I know we have quite a few members on the QB from Washington just don't know how close. You can check the members list and type in the state.

Blog Entries
    Oh, I am just so jealous! We lived in Issaquah/Sammamish for 18.5 years. The gray weather got depressing, but so many wonderful folks to meet and enjoy. There are many, many quilters in the PNW. When you get settled, visit the quilt shop in Issy, and there's one in Bellevue that combines fabric and beads! You can find good fabrics at Pacific Fabrics. That Pachwork Place/Martingale Publishing is in the area. Sometimes you can find great, unused quilting books at Half Price Books. You are in a great place! Enjoy!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    *** I have visited Port Angeles/Joyce, WA several time and
    *** it is a bautiful part of the country.
    *** Enjoy.
    J J (jbj137)

I am a G.R.I.T.
    G = girl R =raised I = in T = the S = South

Welcome to Washington. I live next to the Columbia River & have for almost 40 years now. It is a beautiful State with lots to see & enjoy.

Hello, quiltingcat!

We moved from Wenatchee to Marysville two years ago so I am practically your neighbor. When we were looking for our home anything in Lake Stevens went off the market so fast. We never even got to look at one house there. The rain is a big adjustment-- especially coming from gloriously sunny Wenatchee.

I moved out of the Everett area two years ago and belonged to a WONDERFUL guild...Quilters Anonymous (QA). They meet in Mountlake Terrace once a month. The website is: http://www.quiltersanonymous.com/ They are a fun (very large) guild. Check them out

Welcome, Left Coastie. I'm on the Right Coast.

Welcome to Snohomish Co.; there is a wonderful quilt store on 1st Street in Snohomish called Quilting Mayhem that you should check out. I have lived outside of Snohomish for 29 years and recently took up quilting and since I am still working I haven't joined any quilt guilds yet; there is the Quilter's Anonymous group and also one called Busy Bee Quilters www.busybeequilters.com. The Quilter's Anonymous group have their annual quilt show coming up March 11, 12 & 13 at the fairgrounds in Monroe and Busy Bee Quilters have a show coming up in April 2016.

Well welcome to Washington, since you are up North don't miss the Quilters Anonymous quilt show in Monroe I think it is the 9-12th of March. The show is held at the Monroe Fair Grounds and is really a great show.

My son just graduated from college and moved to Mukilteo! (I am looking for a girl for him, if you know of one...)
    So I hope to visit someday.

Waving hello from the other side of the state!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!