Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Lancaster area "people-powered" sewing machine gathering >

Lancaster area "people-powered" sewing machine gathering

Lancaster area "people-powered" sewing machine gathering

Old 04-14-2011, 05:17 AM

I figured that just maybe there's someone on this board that enjoys people-powered sewing machines as much as I do, so I figured I'd share an upcoming event. Oh, and you don't need to own a people-powered machine, either. There's always a lot to look at & learn from at the TOGA, and machines are usually there for sale, too, and in the raffle to win.

I'm the coordinator of the "Lancaster TOGA" (TOGA stands for Treadle On Gathering & Academy - see treadleon.net), and each year we gather in the Lancaster area (This year is in Blue Ball, specifically) and spend a weekend with our fellow machine-loving on-line friends. Totally makes me feel more normal hanging out with these folks!).

This year's gathering will be June 10th & 11th. We have a variety of classes during the days (still working on a schedule), a raffle (tickets sold), a quilt block swap (typically done beforehand, but you can sew there), buying, selling, eating, and just chillin'. The area's great for shopping & antiquing. I think this will be our 3rd year, and last year we had around 60 people total (including hubbys, etc.). It really is a GREAT weekend (I take my DD every year, and she always looks forward to going back - she' s only 10). It's a very laid-back weekend, and there's really not much pressure to do anything if you don't want to. :)

Anyway, if anyone's interested in joining us, please send me a pm.

Thanks!
Old 04-15-2011, 03:51 AM

I won't be joining you, but I'm glad to read that Treadle-on is still going strong. I was on the list for a few years, starting about a month after it was created. I signed off when I realized I wasn't reading the list anymore, mostly because I wasn't going to start collecting sewing machines...but I do still love to sew on my treadle. :)

Have a great time!

Janet
Old 04-15-2011, 06:35 AM

Just checked, I am off that weekend. Send me the info.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:56 PM

sounds like a very fun time - could you send me a reminder closer to the time? thanks.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:41 PM

Here's the listing off of the Yahoo Group:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Private group for people involved with the Lancaster TOGA. Open to those who wish to learn about the event, help plan and organize it, and to get updates on the event.

Next year's TOGA will be held at The Blue Ball Fire Company (http://www.blueballfire.com/Banquetinfo.html) on June 10th & 11th, 2011. Our "theme" for the weekend will be BLUE! Be sure to wear something blue, bring something blue to share (food, refreshments, etc.), and join our blue & white quilt block swap (sign ups will be posted shortly).

If you are interested in joining a committee to help out with the planning of next year's TOGA, please e-mail Trina (Hostess) at [email protected].

Hope you can join us for a great weekend!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It would be really GREAT if you could join us!!! It's really gonna be a blast. :)