Meet & Greet in Boise, Idaho

Old 11-16-2010, 09:24 AM

We are planning a meet & greet in the Boise area over Thanksgiving. The date and place are still to be determined, but we are looking at either Wednesday evening (the 24th) or Friday (the 26th). Anyone interested, please let me know what works best for you and we will meet when most people are available. If possible, let me know by this Saturday (the 20th) so arrangements can be made. It's nice to let the quilt shop or restaurant know ahead of time that we will be invading!!! If you have a favorite quilt shop, let me know that and we will try to meet at one of those and maybe even do a mini shop hop!
Thanks!
Old 11-16-2010, 10:45 AM

Can't wait. Well see how many people would like to join use.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:37 AM

I would love to go but only have Friday free. Let me know!!
Old 11-17-2010, 08:01 AM

From Eastern Montana you are going to a meet and greet in Boise? On horse-back? How many bales of hay does that involve? Only kidding.
Have you read the storyteller Doig? He has a trilogy about English River, and another about WW11 and football naturally, a real man's writer. I flew into Idaho Falls in April this year, and fell in love with this high and dry farm country.
Diane
Old 11-17-2010, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Diann Baldwin
From Eastern Montana you are going to a meet and greet in Boise? On horse-back? How many bales of hay does that involve? Only kidding.
Have you read the storyteller Doig? He has a trilogy about English River, and another about WW11 and football naturally, a real man's writer. I flew into Idaho Falls in April this year, and fell in love with this high and dry farm country.
Diane
Out here in "no man's land" we will go to great lengths to meet with others!!! Actually it is kind of funny because we think nothing of driving 100 miles one way to shop for a day. I have noticed that most people "back east" think that is outrageous. But that's just the way life is out here. I am going to Boise to spend Thanksgiving with my son, who is a college student there, and my oldest brother. So to have an opportunity to meet some board members there, well - why not! I just hope we get some response from the area board members. Right now there are just 3 of us meeting. Come join us if you can!!!
Old 11-19-2010, 09:01 AM

Hi Marlys - While in Idaho we drove out to Craters of the Moon,and went through a town that makes a party of bringing the sheep down from high pasture in the fall. I would love to be there! In Olde Saybrook Connecticut we put on costumes, like long red underwear and have a torchlight Fife and Drum parade Dec 11 this year. This is a costume party and includes all the school children from the town and many businesses bring a float - the parade is only about 4 blocks long, the worse the weather the bigger the crowd!
Enjoy,
Diann
Old 11-19-2010, 09:23 AM

Hi Marlys - While in Idaho we drove out to Craters of the Moon,and went through a town that makes a party of bringing the sheep down from high pasture in the fall. I would love to be there! In Olde Saybrook Connecticut we put on costumes, like long red underwear and have a torchlight Fife and Drum parade Dec 11 this year. This is a costume party and includes all the school children from the town and many businesses bring a float - the parade is only about 4 blocks long, the worse the weather the bigger the crowd!
Enjoy,
Diann
I have been to Craters of the Moon - very cool! Sounds like a neat celebration you have. Isn't it funny how different traditions start. It sounds like fun!
Old 12-06-2010, 01:47 PM

Hi Marlys -
Are you the mother or the graduate in the picture?
Have you other children? and where do they live?
In addition to quilting I go to the Rockhound club here in
Connecticut. A recent speaker told of the "dig" at Fort Peck where they found a Terranosaurus Rex several years ago, and I have been asking around for another digger to come out there with me. What an adventure that would be! They call New England the "Land of Steady Habits"! I prefer to grab life by the horns and ride a s long as I can! I am using fabric "scraps" to make a bunch of "shoe bags" this Christmas, from that 3 corner zippered bag pattern that went around a few years back. Have a happy Holiday with your dear ones.
Your friend
Diann Baldwin
Old 12-06-2010, 03:18 PM

Hi Marlys -
Are you the mother or the graduate in the picture?
Have you other children? and where do they live?
In addition to quilting I go to the Rockhound club here in
Connecticut. A recent speaker told of the "dig" at Fort Peck where they found a Terranosaurus Rex several years ago, and I have been asking around for another digger to come out there with me. What an adventure that would be! They call New England the "Land of Steady Habits"! I prefer to grab life by the horns and ride a s long as I can! I am using fabric "scraps" to make a bunch of "shoe bags" this Christmas, from that 3 corner zippered bag pattern that went around a few years back. Have a happy Holiday with your dear ones.
Your friend
Diann Baldwin
Yes, I am the Mom! She lives in Ohio and my son lives in Idaho, but they will both be home for Christmas in less than 2 weeks!!!
I grew up fairly close to Fort Peck & I think they are still doing digs around there. That would definitely be an adventure!