Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Met a board member

Power Poster

Met a board member

Last night EmiliasNana plus her husband Bob and Dennis and I (Grandma Peg) met after corresponding for two years. They live in IL and we live in WI. They went to Mackinac Island and stopped in on the way back. Ann is originally from WI. We exchanged gifts of fudge from the Island, nothing better and fresh cheese curds and mozzarella string cheese. We ate at one of our favorite restaurants and talked for two hours. It was such a great visit and we hope to get together again when we go to IL to visit friends who live about three hours from them (last year it didn't work out). Quilters are such nice people and thanks to this board for another special friend.

Isn't this a great place to meet folks? I've developed some great face-to-face friendships with some folks on this board over the years.

Blog Entries
    So glad you had fun.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    That's great! Glad it worked out for you. People here are just the best!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Quilters are just nice people. That is just great news.
    Creative clutter is better than idle neatness.

Suz
    Yes, we are nice people and immediate friends. I would really like to catch up members in the Central PA area. Anyone interested?

What a nice story! Thanks for sharing it with us. When we travel, I always wonder where many of my quilting board "friends" live and where they shop. We are taking a road trip from AZ to western New York and into Ontario, Canada starting next week till the end of July! Fun, fun.......

To Billy's wife --I am in Ontario --look on map for Lindsay/Peterborough cities and Bobcaygeon is kind of between the two. I have met few others from here and would be happy to meet you. On June 1,2,&3 we are going to Kitchener area camping so if anyone is close and wants to visit we will be at Bingemans Campground there.
    Family in house while we are gone so phoned would be answered.
    Are you going to a specific place in On.?

Quote Originally Posted by Mornigstar View Post
    To Billy's wife --I am in Ontario --look on map for Lindsay/Peterborough cities and Bobcaygeon is kind of between the two. I have met few others from here and would be happy to meet you. On June 1,2,&3 we are going to Kitchener area camping so if anyone is close and wants to visit we will be at Bingemans Campground there.
    Family in house while we are gone so phoned would be answered.
    Are you going to a specific place in On.?
    Mornigstar........We don't know exactly what our schedule will be at this point. We will be making a run to Burlington and will also see cousins in the Kitchener/Tavistock area. We will be staying on the lake in Port Colborne for about a week too, but mostly will be with family in western New York. It would be great to meet you. I'll have to figure out how to PM you when I know our schedule! Thanks for your interest.

I'm from central--sort of eastern---PA--Elysburg. Ever been to Knoebel's Grove? I'm not a very good board member though--only come on one day a week--Monday--no time other wise.

Some of my best friends are members on this board.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort