Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: NJ Quilt Fest

NJ Quilt Fest

Anyone usually attend the New Jersey Quilt Fest in Somerset? I usually go to the Hershey and Lancaster Shows. I would go to a show every weekend if I could lol but it gets expensive. Would appreciate any thoughts-going to Lancaster so probably won't go to another show so soon unless its a different experience. Thanks!

I find each show is different in itself. Lancaster show itself is okay. the reason we do Lancaster is because of the quilt shops we go do after. Hershey we found was good for taking a class. somerset is a nice show. use to be better. many of the vendors do not participate any longer. but there is always something new to purchase. last year we purchased applique glue which happened to be just a fluke thing. we absolutely love the glue and cant wait to purchase it again this year. so yes, each one is different and you'll get something different out of each one.

Blog Entries
    I do the Somerset every year. It is not a huge show but nice size to see everything. Great quilts and shopping. I have never been disappointed in the 5 or 6 years I have gone there. There is always something good to see.
    peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

I haven't been in a couple of years but have enjoyed it in the past. I agree, though, that vendor participation seems to be down...with the exception of mid/long arm vendors. So if you're in the market for one of those??? But it is an enjoyable show with great quilts. And I didn't think particularly expensive to enter. Now the shopping on the other hand....

I was really quite disappointed in the nj show this year. I'm goin to say as far as vendors half of what it use to be. quits took up the middle of the floor. not lookin good at all.