Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Oregon/Washington September gathering planned- please come! >

Oregon/Washington September gathering planned- please come!

Oregon/Washington September gathering planned- please come!

Old 09-19-2010, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingnonie
With 1 year 'til retirement, we keep talking about downsizing...but WOW that house sounds tempting! Gotta keep buying those lottery tickets :)
Go for it Laurie! It sold a little over a year ago for a mill $. It was under 6K when we looked at it-bank repo. But it needs work! If you have the skills to fix it up, it would be a good deal. Good thing about it-live in part while fixing the other. 2 master suites to choose from-both with fireplaces. Plus a mother-in-law quarters that was 3 bed/2 bath. Amazing view West of the coast range! And a roof deck to see it from! 4 car garage attached to the house. There was another garage building that had at least 6 bays and I think there was tall door for an RV. It also has an unfinished upstairs that would make a fabulous Man's Land. There were 7 of us looking and we lost each other! I told my folks they could move in with us and I would never know-LOL!

Colbalt-it is on the left before the green one. It is kind of tan and sits back off the road. The green one looks pretty nice. I looked it up too. It is in the $300K. Has a pool for the 3 sunny days we get around here. I think a hot tub would be more practical for our weather.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:56 AM

I could go for that! A Master Suite for me, one for DH! LOL
Then we could put up DD/SIL and the new GRANDBABY in the mother-in-law house. The 6 bay garage would great for all DH's "toys" and the upstairs would be made into the ultimate quilting room. And certainly there would be a room for my live-in maid/chef. Ahhh, doesn't cost nothin' to dream :)
Old 09-19-2010, 01:08 PM

You guys are a hoot! I like the "MIL could move in and I wouldn't even know she's there." Sounds like a missed a great get-together. I'm disappointed and thought about all of you several times yesterday. I knew I was missing a good time but just couldn't go without legs to walk on and my DH had NO INTEREST in going. LOL

Stay well all of you and can't wait til the next get-together. Maybe one of these days I can have it at my house.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by 2 Doods
Ladies-
It was so much fun to have all of you here! Loved all the amazing "show and tell". You are welcome to come back out anytime! Bring your projects and we can have a "sit and sew".

Colbalt-So nice to meet you. Thanks for the website. I'll be checking that out.

Karen-which house? We went through one a couple of weeks ago. It was on 5 acres and had something like 10 thousand sq ft. with 9 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms, HUGE living room that would make a great quilting studio- with room for all of us! And with that many bedrooms everyone could spend the night too. Every once in awhile DH will make a comment about needing that house. I would hate to have to clean it! :lol: Forget the riding lawn mower-you would need a riding vacuum! It doesn't come up on my search anymore so I wonder if someone is buying it.

I am going to work really hard to get my new room together so I can get back to quilting. Looking forward to our next gathering!
That's the house! I saw it in an ad some time ago but my hubby sent a note to the realtor for more info. I'm also not sure I would want a house that big but what we've been looking at is a place where the kids could come to have a vacation and also we are both in the position to maybe have to take care of elderly parents. That's not going to happen where we're at! Nice to dream about anyway! Actually, I brought up the idea of a B&B. Wouldn't it be great if it was a quilters B&B? Hmmmm!!!!
Old 09-19-2010, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Feathers
You guys are a hoot! I like the "MIL could move in and I wouldn't even know she's there." Sounds like a missed a great get-together. I'm disappointed and thought about all of you several times yesterday. I knew I was missing a good time but just couldn't go without legs to walk on and my DH had NO INTEREST in going. LOL

Stay well all of you and can't wait til the next get-together. Maybe one of these days I can have it at my house.
I'm pretty certain that if we talked the DH into getting together while we gab that they would be more interested in going as well! :) Of course, we'd have to share the food, you know!
Old 09-19-2010, 05:58 PM

Ok I'll share food but not the Chocolate!!! ;)
Old 09-19-2010, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by KarenBarnes
Originally Posted by 2 Doods
Ladies-
It was so much fun to have all of you here! Loved all the amazing "show and tell". You are welcome to come back out anytime! Bring your projects and we can have a "sit and sew".

Colbalt-So nice to meet you. Thanks for the website. I'll be checking that out.

Karen-which house? We went through one a couple of weeks ago. It was on 5 acres and had something like 10 thousand sq ft. with 9 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms, HUGE living room that would make a great quilting studio- with room for all of us! And with that many bedrooms everyone could spend the night too. Every once in awhile DH will make a comment about needing that house. I would hate to have to clean it! :lol: Forget the riding lawn mower-you would need a riding vacuum! It doesn't come up on my search anymore so I wonder if someone is buying it.

I am going to work really hard to get my new room together so I can get back to quilting. Looking forward to our next gathering!
That's the house! I saw it in an ad some time ago but my hubby sent a note to the realtor for more info. I'm also not sure I would want a house that big but what we've been looking at is a place where the kids could come to have a vacation and also we are both in the position to maybe have to take care of elderly parents. That's not going to happen where we're at! Nice to dream about anyway! Actually, I brought up the idea of a B&B. Wouldn't it be great if it was a quilters B&B? Hmmmm!!!!

LOL
A quilters B&B was exactly what I was picturing when we were wandering through. Upstairs there are 2 groups of rooms each with their own laundry. One master and 2 bedrooms up one set of stairs. 1 master and 2 bedrooms up the other flight of stairs. Cracked me up that they have North and South hot water heaters. The main living room has big windows overlooking the view and has a pellet stove. That would make a great quilting room. The smaller living room has a fireplace. There is a huge kitchen with 2 sinks and double ovens, huge pantry and a storage room. It used to be a foster home so there is a big counter to put bar stools around. You could gather all your kids!
Old 09-19-2010, 07:57 PM

Yep sounds like a grand meeting place to me. ;)
Old 09-19-2010, 09:00 PM

Alice, you should be a realtor! I'm sold! :)
Old 09-19-2010, 09:08 PM

LOL, she does have a way about her doesn't she? ;)