Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Paducah, we are coming back..... >

Paducah, we are coming back.....

Paducah, we are coming back.....

Old 01-23-2014, 11:30 AM

Default Paducah, we are coming back.....

Loved the first time I attended the quilt show here and have convinced hubs(didn't take much) to go again. We have made our reservations at a campground and I am so excited to be attending this once again. The last time we were there the flood moved the show out of town but I enjoyed it anyway. So much to see and do in Paducah. Purple Toad winery has lots to offer, too. ha I know it's early but anyone else planning to attend?
Sandy
Old 01-23-2014, 03:15 PM

Oh yes we are going back this year. It was the first time that my friend and I were there last year and totally enjoyed it so. We were at a campground some ways out of town but this year we are going to be at a campground that is closer. Where and how far is the Purple Toad Winery from the town of Paducah? We can't wait. Our quilt guild is going to Shipshewana for a quilt show, and etc. last year we were on our way up to Michighan and stopped and camped there enjoyed it but I wouldn't pay the price and fly to go back there with the guild not worth it. I just don't understand why they don't go back to Paducah.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:55 PM
yel

me too ...a girlfriend is coming up from nc ....we just got our rooms last week ....can't wait .....
Old 01-24-2014, 04:19 AM

My sisters and I already have our reservations at Kentucky Lake Dam Village for our second trip. We enjoyed ourselves so much last year, but being first timers we think we missed a lot so we are extending our stay to 3 full days. And my ex-sister-in-law is coming with us. We were like sisters as teenage brides when we both moved from Louisville, Ky. to Michigan so it will be fun to reconnect with her. Can't wait! My sister has reserved a rental SUV for us so we will have plenty room to stretch and most of all, haul back all the fabric and goodies we plan to getting. I took an empty carry on with me and bought it back heavier than my larger clothes luggage. I just have to plan on routing my flights around Chicago because I couldn't carry my carry-on bag up the stairs at O'Hara!
Old 01-24-2014, 04:35 AM

Purple toad winery? You have my attention! I do plan on going this year at least for a day.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:58 AM

I have been hooked on Purple Toad since we were there before. It is a little bit out of town the way I remember, but they have a FB page and you can see it all there. The best wine ever!!! I am a sweet wine fan. Gave a friend a bottle of it and now she is ordering from them also. We have it shipped to Ohio and it's so wonderful to have my own wine on hand. They also have drier wines, but again-I'm a sweet fan. Paducah Blue and Black and Blue are my favs. Concord grapes and blueberries. Cheryl, we are going to be at Fern Lake campground where will you be staying?
Old 01-24-2014, 10:22 AM

Try Purple Toad's new Sangria... it is sooooo wonderful! Warm or Chilled both work for me...but we're so partial to the Peach...just like biting into a fresh picked peach...yummy.

Y'all are going to fall over, faint and just plain kick your feet.... I live less than 20 minutes from there and have NEVER been there. I always have to work and can't get off.

HOWEVER.... plan on coming down to Benton, KY (about 30 minutes from Paducah). The "Odds & Ends" fabric store is more than worth the trip. She is open until 11:00 PM the week of the quilt show so every one has a chance to come down and visit. Zella's prices are more than reasonable ($6 to &7.50 a yard for majority of her 100% cotton) and she plans to get more 108" in too. I'm not related to her but I've know her for over 20 years. I often "kill" my lunch hours there and plan to be there most nights during the quilt show. We have a blast and will have some games throughout the week also. (Strip Bingo is a favorite). Home to see y'all there.

I'm thinking of leaving her a basket with goodies for any one that mentions they found out about her from Lisa from Possum Trot on the QB...remind me so I don't forget
Old 01-25-2014, 05:07 PM

We're staying at the Duck Creek campground. I have no idea where it is but I do know that it is closer than the one we were at last year. My friend Frecklestweety she made the reservations since she has the motor home.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:02 PM

I like the black and blue also. I got some red and blue, but haven't tried that yet. I love southern Illinois. I could move there in a heart beat.. but then with all the quilt shops and winerys in the area I would probably go broke
Old 01-26-2014, 05:16 AM

I wish someone from Al would organize a trip. I would love to go but prefer not to go alone.