Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Pittsburgh Three Rivers Quilt Show >

Pittsburgh Three Rivers Quilt Show

Pittsburgh Three Rivers Quilt Show

Old 01-22-2011, 08:38 AM

This is a great show. It will be held March 31 thru April 2 at the IBEW Union Hall, 5 Hot Metal Street (South Side) Pittsburgh, PA.

I missed last year's but will attend this one. The space is large and makes viewing the quilts so nice. Lots of vendors too!
Old 01-23-2011, 07:50 AM

I am super curious about this show! I found it online, and would like to attend. I probably won't make it this year, but hoping maybe to go next year (I live three hours away). I set a personal goal to enter two quilt shows this year to get some feedback and experience with shows. What kind of quilts and skill levels are at this show? I have thought about entering the NQA show that I probably have zero chance placing at but I've heard they give great feedback.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:43 AM

Pittsburgh - I miss it! Wish I could go to this...we moved away about 3 years ago. But tonight...I've got my black and gold on! AND, I'm living in Jets country, so it's ON!
Go Steelers!
Old 01-23-2011, 11:19 AM

Looking forward to going, Thanks!
Old 01-23-2011, 12:01 PM

Pumpkin: I'm used to "small town" quilt shows with lots of traditional patterns and quilts all quilted by the same longarmers. ThreeRivers had a wide range of quilts from traditional to ultra art quilts. Something for everyone. The skill level varied. I have never seen handquilting done as well--I actually thought I was looking at a machine quilted quilt on one of them. There were others who I'm guessing were more towards the beginner level. There are only about 100 or so quilts; I think it's juried in.
Enter a show. I have, never won, didn't expect to. It was great getting feedback from the judges on ways to improve my quilting. (LOL they could run out of room on the form when listing my deficiencies!) It's fun to see your quilt hanging with others.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:13 PM

This is a really nice quilt show. Wide variety. Not sure what the theme is this year.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:32 PM

I will have to check out the show for myself! ;) I would likely do better at a smaller show, but I cannot say it wouldn't be nice to get a little recognition for my quilting! Even an honerable mention would tickle me pink. ;) I'm not going to even try at shows with past winners like Jinny Beyer though, lol* I know my place! ;) But I would love to find a smaller show where my quilt and skill level would be appropriate. Thanks for mentioning this one.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:12 PM

janRN, what is the zip code? My neice lives there someplace and maybe I can get there too. There is the Pa. Maple Festival at Meyersdale, Pa.,15552 (Somerset Co) and they have a great quilt show in the firehall on Center St.
It is two weekends - March 26, 27, and then Mar 30,31,Apr.1,2,and 3. There is a lot of Amish there and they send quilts, so there is a lot of variety. The whole town and surrounding areas are all involved. The Maple Manor, the oldest house in town, is open and crafters are there, live music, and of course, the maple syrup and sugar cakes.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:49 PM

Zip code is 15203. If you Google Three Rivers Quilt Show it will give you a map of the area (South Side). Hope you get to go altho I think the Maple Festival sounds fun, too.