Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Alabama Retreat Info (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/alabama-retreat-info-t71141.html)

purplemem 10-20-2010 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by americassewplace
Where is Magnolia Park Retreat located? What part of Alabama?

google "Magnolia Retreat Center alabama". That's how I found it.

americassewplace 10-20-2010 11:26 AM

I googled it. After I ask the question... Would it be bring your own stuff to work on or will there be someone there to teach????? I have never been to a retreat before. I just found one in Panama City FL but it is for this next weekend and it is full. Not surprising, I can find anything very close to Pensacola at all....

twinkie 10-20-2010 04:55 PM

I have been there to the Magnolia and it is just wonderful. The food is great!!!!!! And, the accomodations are really nice. That was the only quilt retreat I have been to. The bedrooms are separated within the larger room like there is a front bedroom and a back bedroom within the same room with a joint bathroom down the hall from each room. Somewhat like your house is. At least that is how the room we had was. I really liked it. Just thought I would let you know.

gypsylady5 10-20-2010 05:37 PM

I think I would be interested. At least as far as more information. I've never been to a retreat before and think this would be a lot of fun. I bookmarked this message and will check back. When would we need to get our deposits or monies in? $225 sounds great to me! I would want to share with other ladies as I will come alone. Keep me posted, Sharon

mama's place 10-22-2010 04:51 AM

Just saw this and I'm interested. Will have to check and see where this is and so forth. How many spots are still available or is this just getting started?

gypsylady5 10-22-2010 05:39 AM

Looking for another Central Florida quilter to share this experience with. We can drive up together, share a room and quilt together. This sounds like fun. Anyone out there interested in going up with me?????

grammyp 10-29-2010 06:14 PM

We are just getting started. We have 6 so far so there is lots of room.

darlin121 10-30-2010 03:58 AM

I forgot to post that I would be interested in the three nite stay. Will drop the deposit in the mail on Tuesday.

bjeriann 11-09-2010 10:05 PM

My DD & GD live about 15 miles away,so We would just come for the days. Is there an age limit? My granddaughter is 13 yrs old but has been sewing for 3 to 4 yrs. She can run my Designer 1 almost as good as me. She's made many quilts already. Thanks,

grammyp 11-15-2010 03:58 AM

Nope, no age limit. It will be nice to have someone familiar with the area. How wonderful she is interested in quilting. We would love to see some of her work. They do have a fee of $40/day for day participants.