Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Anyone Near Janesville WI? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/anyone-near-janesville-wi-t163348.html)

mudose8 10-28-2011 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by quiltylori
Hi there, I live very near Mukwonago.....about 30 miles east of Whitewater.....would be fun to meet up sometime...I am looking for some quilting friends!!

How close to Mukwonago are you? I'm about 8 miles east of there, just off St Hwy 20. in Racine County

busymom 10-28-2011 11:48 AM

about 2 hours. My new daughter in law is from there. Her last name was Kubsh. I would like to get together with you some time but I have to work all this weekend so maybe we can arrange a time to get together and have lunch.

dottiequilts 10-28-2011 11:53 AM

Why don't we plan something for next week or the week after. What day works for you? I think during the week would be easier. The Janesville area has three really nice quilt stores, all with a different flavor. The shop in Milton has a nice coffee shop/cafe in an old church about five minutes away. This would be about 10 minutes off of I-90 on the Hwy 26 exit. I could get exact address for all of you so you could GPS it.

busymom 10-28-2011 11:57 AM

I work during the day and take a class at the college one night a week but on a saturday or sunday afternoon would be al right. I could take a day off of work if would be any eaiser. I just would have to know about a week ahead of time. But sat. afternoon would be best.

busymom 10-28-2011 11:58 AM

I also work every other weekend.

quiltylori 10-28-2011 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by mudose8

Originally Posted by quiltylori
Hi there, I live very near Mukwonago.....about 30 miles east of Whitewater.....would be fun to meet up sometime...I am looking for some quilting friends!!

How close to Mukwonago are you? I'm about 8 miles east of there, just off St Hwy 20. in Racine County

I live in the Town of Vernon....so I am very close to Mukwonago

CarrieAnne 10-28-2011 04:15 PM

I got to meet DottieQuilts today! It was so neat, but come to find out, I have kind of met her already. And she is a really SWEET lady!
Early in the week is better for me too, butmy scedule changes alot, so I never know.
I think the Milton resturaunt would be neat....never been there, but heard it is nice!

chali1092 10-28-2011 04:36 PM

Where is Muckwanago (sp) sorry about that. Know where Janesville is but the other one is not in my memory. Saturday or Sunday afternoon would work. During the week I have to find someone not working to be with my 95 yo invalid father.

Lucky Lindy 10-28-2011 04:40 PM

I'm jealous! there are lots of quilters close to you...you should have an awesome get together someplace! My sister-in-law is so wonderful about taking me to all the shop around the Jefferson area.
Maybe next year when we drive out there we can meet someplace!

busymom 10-28-2011 05:20 PM

yes that would be nice. keep me posted on when you would like to hook up and have lunch.