Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Ga get together Nov 4th at A Scarlet Thread (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/ga-get-together-nov-4th-scarlet-thread-t151149.html)

greenini 10-24-2011 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by olebat
In limbo here. Will have surgery on my nasal airway and soft pallet tomorrow. Dr. Says I'll be out of commission for 3 weeks, (I've taken that time off of work,) but I do tend to surprise people with my will and determination to recover quickly. I may have black eyes, swollen face, and be unable to eat, but I understand that A Scarlet Thread is worth the trip.

Yeah, it really is...we took you with bunged up knee, bunged up face is no big deal

BTW for those who are attending can we get the food down? I'll bring crackers, cheese and fruit to go with

Dolly's sister 10-24-2011 09:56 AM

I'm still coming. Will be glad to bring some food or snacks. Just let me know. Mona

imaquilternga 10-24-2011 11:02 AM

I'll bring chicken salad, marinated veggies, nappa cabbage salad, bread & chips.

imaquilternga 10-24-2011 11:03 AM

I'm coming and bringing 2 others - maybe 3.

laalaaquilter 10-24-2011 11:42 AM

I'll be there with paper products and tea and lemonade.

Dolly's sister 10-31-2011 05:56 PM

I can bring some sort of desert. Can it be a surprise, as I don't know what I will bake on Thursday yet? Looks like "laalaaquilter" and I will be traveling south for the get together. Anyone else traveling from the North area (I am in Ellijay) want to carpool, let us know. Mona

Dolly's sister 11-03-2011 07:44 AM

Tomorrow is the big day. Do we have a approximate count of attendees so I know how much to bake today? Mona

greenini 11-03-2011 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Dolly's sister (Post 4624195)
Tomorrow is the big day. Do we have a approximate count of attendees so I know how much to bake today? Mona

Mona I've been feeling really ill, but I'm going to try to make it, but I'll be just with DH who will have to drive me...a reminder to all who are interested please chime in if your plans have changed, thanks, Jo

Dolly's sister 11-07-2011 06:40 PM

I had a really great time at my 1st get together. Next time I will know to bring some show and tell. It was so much fun getting to put a face with people here on the board. Sorry you weren't feeling well Jo (Greenini), I missed getting to meet you. I was amazed at the quilts at our show n tell, we have some very talented people in GA. The food was great too. I had brought my camera, put it on the table so I wouldn't forget to take pictures, and forgot to take them anyway. I thought about this afterwards. It would have been great to be able to post a group shot. Next time. Thanks for all who were involved in putting this together. Karen's demonstration of the pineapple ruler was great.

greenini 11-08-2011 11:50 AM

How many made it? I'm so sorry I had to miss it, but I was just in really bad shape.