Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Gainesville FL area -- any recommendations? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/gainesville-fl-area-any-recommendations-t174996.html)

gramma nancy 01-09-2012 09:05 AM

Gainesville FL area -- any recommendations?

I'm going to see my beautiful granddaughter in Gainesville next month. Any ideas for quilt or thrift shops or antique malls in the area? I will have a car. I'll also be in Port St. Lucie briefly and would appreciate ideas in that area too.

Thanks!

delma_paulk 01-09-2012 10:03 AM

Gainesville has a Goodwill but doesn't have any fabric that I've ever seen. I go to the dr about once a month and check it out, but don't ever find fabric. There is a Joann's and another one I forget the name of.

Google it and I wish you luck. I know you will enjoy visiting your grandughter!

delma

MissSandra 01-09-2012 10:10 AM

ocala has a great quilt shop timeless treasures out the 200 or at least it was 6 years ago :)

marymay 01-10-2012 04:41 AM

Come to Orange Park,Fl 3 quilt shops,Goodwill, 2 Hospice store. Great little city.

pasolovers 01-10-2012 04:58 AM

Ocala, still has the Quilt shop and Crystal River has a sister quilt shop also called Timeless Treasures...both great shops with great service and employees

MamaHen 01-10-2012 06:31 AM

If you have time you can drive over to Trenton to "Suwannee Valley Quilt Shoppe" @ 517 North Main Street. Their web site is www.suwanneeshops.com It is a great shop, great little cafe inside too.

Thumbilena 01-10-2012 05:47 PM

I agree with MamaHen, Trenton is definately the place to go. It really isn't that far west of Gainsville.

Scraps 01-11-2012 08:24 AM

Lake City has TWO quilt shops. Can't remember exact names, but you can look them up. The ARTSY one is GREAT - purple building and across from some good Mexican food!! We drove about two hours and had a good day. Trenton - Swanee Valley Quilt Shop is really nice too and has its own cafe. Due west of Ocala. Have fun!

solstice3 01-11-2012 11:20 AM

Timeless Treasures is still in the Jasmine Plaza on 200. There is also a quilt shop a little further south on 200 called Peggy's. It is located on the back side of the shopping complex that houses Barnes & Noble, Old Navy, Dick's, and Ulta. There is also a Hobby Lobby and Joann's on 200 further in Ocala. There are a lot of thrift shops in Gainesville but not sure what all they carry. Have fun!!

Mousie 01-11-2012 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by MamaHen (Post 4860733)
If you have time you can drive over to Trenton to "Suwannee Valley Quilt Shoppe" @ 517 North Main Street. Their web site is www.suwanneeshops.com It is a great shop, great little cafe inside too.

You will not be disappointed if you go!!!! superb and nice ladies, good variety! ;)