Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Hello FRESNO CA (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/hello-fresno-ca-t87302.html)

borntoquilt 01-03-2011 09:08 AM

I am stuck here in Fresno today due to all the southern road closures due to snow and high winds. Noticed there are 3 q/b members living here. What quilt shops MUST I go to. Hopefully, we will be able to travel south tomorrow on our way to Mesa AZ. thanks!

cjomomma 01-03-2011 09:12 AM

Of all the places to get stuck. I use to live 45 min. from there and I don't miss it at all. Hopefully you will find some quilt shops.

drivingsusan 01-03-2011 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Of all the places to get stuck. I use to live 45 min. from there and I don't miss it at all. Hopefully you will find some quilt shops.

You are so right---what a place to get stuck--I used to live right there!!!!

C.Cal Quilt Girl 01-03-2011 10:12 AM

You have several choices up there haven't been to all, so have no clue if great if not. If want to drive a little head towards Hanford have a good one Quilter's Quarters, 890 N Irwin, or Thimble Town 400 w Caldwell in Visalia those are both good, also in Visalia have a New Hobby Lobby, across from the Joanns Superstore. Those are both on South Mooney Blvd. 99 south to 198 East, south on Mooney will run into them then East at the crossroad where those are will take you to Thimble town. Happy Shopping

Woops one more on E Main in Visalia is Good also Beverly Fabrics 217 E Main, All the areas have good places for lunch, about 45 minutes from where you are.

cjomomma 01-03-2011 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by C.Cal Quilt Girl
You have several choices up there haven't been to all, so have no clue if great if not. If want to drive a little head towards Hanford have a good one Quilter's Quarters, 890 N Irwin, or Thimble Town 400 w Caldwell in Visalia those are both good, also in Visalia have a New Hobby Lobby, across from the Joanns Superstore. Those are both on South Mooney Blvd. 99 south to 198 East, south on Mooney will run into them then East at the crossroad where those are will take you to Thimble town. Happy Shopping

Woops one more on E Main in Visalia is Good also Beverly Fabrics 217 E Main, All the areas have good places for lunch, about 45 minutes from where you are.

I knew you would be able to help her out!!

C.Cal Quilt Girl 01-03-2011 10:43 AM

LOL... Just call me the local Welcome/Info Center :)

Originally Posted by cjomomma

Originally Posted by C.Cal Quilt Girl

I knew you would be able to help her out!!

borntoquilt 01-03-2011 11:26 AM

Thanks for the info! Have relatives here so it's not THAT bad BUT they are at work. So I'm gonna plug those addresses in the GPS and take a mini road trip! Sun is out now-hope it melts the snow - FAST!!!

C.Cal Quilt Girl 01-03-2011 10:35 PM

Hope it went well and you had a good time in the area, didn't get lost etc. and have a safe trip !!

Magdalena 01-03-2011 11:22 PM

It was bad yesterday. We reached 3000 feet going north on I-5 on the grapevine and were told to turn back. We had to go back down the hill. Let's just say a 4 1/2 ride home became a 12 hour ride home. The HWY 14 was stop and go. And, it snowed until after we passed Bakersfield at 9 PM. Our journey started from LA Downtown at 11:40 AM. Hope you were able to go to the quilt stores.

stitchinwitch 01-04-2011 04:02 AM

Now STOP that! I miss Fresno really really bad - go to the Quilters Paradise shop in Clovis downtown. 'haven't been there for 9 years and I think the other fabric/quilting shops might have closed down. But hey! don't rag on the Fresno area - I left too many great friends there...