Hello FRESNO CA

Old 01-03-2011, 09:08 AM

I am stuck here in Fresno today due to all the southern road closures due to snow and high winds. Noticed there are 3 q/b members living here. What quilt shops MUST I go to. Hopefully, we will be able to travel south tomorrow on our way to Mesa AZ. thanks!
Old 01-03-2011, 09:12 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Of all the places to get stuck. I use to live 45 min. from there and I don't miss it at all. Hopefully you will find some quilt shops.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Of all the places to get stuck. I use to live 45 min. from there and I don't miss it at all. Hopefully you will find some quilt shops.
You are so right---what a place to get stuck--I used to live right there!!!!
Old 01-03-2011, 10:12 AM

You have several choices up there haven't been to all, so have no clue if great if not. If want to drive a little head towards Hanford have a good one Quilter's Quarters, 890 N Irwin, or Thimble Town 400 w Caldwell in Visalia those are both good, also in Visalia have a New Hobby Lobby, across from the Joanns Superstore. Those are both on South Mooney Blvd. 99 south to 198 East, south on Mooney will run into them then East at the crossroad where those are will take you to Thimble town. Happy Shopping

Woops one more on E Main in Visalia is Good also Beverly Fabrics 217 E Main, All the areas have good places for lunch, about 45 minutes from where you are.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:32 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by C.Cal Quilt Girl
You have several choices up there haven't been to all, so have no clue if great if not. If want to drive a little head towards Hanford have a good one Quilter's Quarters, 890 N Irwin, or Thimble Town 400 w Caldwell in Visalia those are both good, also in Visalia have a New Hobby Lobby, across from the Joanns Superstore. Those are both on South Mooney Blvd. 99 south to 198 East, south on Mooney will run into them then East at the crossroad where those are will take you to Thimble town. Happy Shopping

Woops one more on E Main in Visalia is Good also Beverly Fabrics 217 E Main, All the areas have good places for lunch, about 45 minutes from where you are.
I knew you would be able to help her out!!
Old 01-03-2011, 10:43 AM

LOL... Just call me the local Welcome/Info Center :)

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Originally Posted by C.Cal Quilt Girl

I knew you would be able to help her out!!
Old 01-03-2011, 11:26 AM

Thanks for the info! Have relatives here so it's not THAT bad BUT they are at work. So I'm gonna plug those addresses in the GPS and take a mini road trip! Sun is out now-hope it melts the snow - FAST!!!
Old 01-03-2011, 10:35 PM

Hope it went well and you had a good time in the area, didn't get lost etc. and have a safe trip !!
Old 01-03-2011, 11:22 PM

It was bad yesterday. We reached 3000 feet going north on I-5 on the grapevine and were told to turn back. We had to go back down the hill. Let's just say a 4 1/2 ride home became a 12 hour ride home. The HWY 14 was stop and go. And, it snowed until after we passed Bakersfield at 9 PM. Our journey started from LA Downtown at 11:40 AM. Hope you were able to go to the quilt stores.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:02 AM

Now STOP that! I miss Fresno really really bad - go to the Quilters Paradise shop in Clovis downtown. 'haven't been there for 9 years and I think the other fabric/quilting shops might have closed down. But hey! don't rag on the Fresno area - I left too many great friends there...