Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   International Quilt Show in Japan in January (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/international-quilt-show-japan-january-t290011.html)

DACO48 07-29-2017 09:42 AM

International Quilt Show in Japan in January

Is anyone going to the IQS in Japan in January? I have a friend who wanted me to go, but we had to use most of our savings to keep our DD in a nursing home until we go get her into a rehab hospital for a spinal cord injury. My friend has offered to pay for my trip as she does not want to go alone. I am so richly blessed. She is the most amazing generous person I have ever met. God blessed me with her friendship. I am so excited!!! Just had to share to say quilters are the best!!

SusieQOH 07-29-2017 10:06 AM

What a wonderful friend!!! I'd love to go. My son and his wife live in Japan. Hope you have a great time! And yes, quilters are the best :)

sewbizgirl 07-29-2017 10:14 AM

Flying off to Japan for a quilt show just is not a part of my reality... :D Wish it was!

It should be amazing. Last time I went to the Paducah show, most of the best quilts there were from quilters in Japan. Have fun and take pictures for us.

osewme 07-29-2017 10:28 AM

Have a fun & wonderful trip to Japan with your friend. You should see some absolutely gorgeous works of art at the quilt festival. I went to the Houston IQS one year & the entries from Japan were so very, very amazing. I can't in my wildest imagination figure out how they can do such intricate work. Stay safe & take lots of pictures for us to see when you get back.

Sync 07-29-2017 11:24 AM

That sounds like it will be a fantastic trip. My pennies are going towards Bonnie Hunter's 2019 trip to Japan which will include a two day pass to the IQS.

AUQuilter 07-30-2017 12:58 PM

What a fabulous gift from your friend so take lots of pictures and please share with us.

Judith1005 07-30-2017 01:22 PM

Prayers for your DD. Hope all goes well.

Congrats on your trip to Japan for the show. The quilts they have shown in the Paducah Quilt show have been incredible. I can't imagine seeing them in their place of origin.

Enjoy and have a great time. I'm sure inspiration will abound!!

DACO48 07-30-2017 05:22 PM

Thank all of you for your good wishes. Our daughter spent 81 days in Craig Hospital in Denver. She went into the hospital in a chair, came out on a walker. It has been a year, she is again walking, she does have some nerve pain in her shoulders, but is again independent and riding her horse. She has been blessed.

meanmom 07-31-2017 03:55 PM

Prayers for your DD. I was just looking at pictures of the Japan quilt show today and wished I could go. I did go to Japan 5 years ago for my DS wedding. It was lots of fun. He live back here now, he is out of the Navy. The only way I would ever get to go is if I win the lottery. What and awesome friend. Have a wonderful time. The food is so delicious and everyone is so nice.