Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: International Quilt Show in Japan in January

International Quilt Show in Japan in January

Is anyone going to the IQS in Japan in January? I have a friend who wanted me to go, but we had to use most of our savings to keep our DD in a nursing home until we go get her into a rehab hospital for a spinal cord injury. My friend has offered to pay for my trip as she does not want to go alone. I am so richly blessed. She is the most amazing generous person I have ever met. God blessed me with her friendship. I am so excited!!! Just had to share to say quilters are the best!!

What a wonderful friend!!! I'd love to go. My son and his wife live in Japan. Hope you have a great time! And yes, quilters are the best

Flying off to Japan for a quilt show just is not a part of my reality... Wish it was!

It should be amazing. Last time I went to the Paducah show, most of the best quilts there were from quilters in Japan. Have fun and take pictures for us.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Have a fun & wonderful trip to Japan with your friend. You should see some absolutely gorgeous works of art at the quilt festival. I went to the Houston IQS one year & the entries from Japan were so very, very amazing. I can't in my wildest imagination figure out how they can do such intricate work. Stay safe & take lots of pictures for us to see when you get back.

That sounds like it will be a fantastic trip. My pennies are going towards Bonnie Hunter's 2019 trip to Japan which will include a two day pass to the IQS.

What a fabulous gift from your friend so take lots of pictures and please share with us.

Blog Entries
    Prayers for your DD. Hope all goes well.

Congrats on your trip to Japan for the show. The quilts they have shown in the Paducah Quilt show have been incredible. I can't imagine seeing them in their place of origin.

Enjoy and have a great time. I'm sure inspiration will abound!!
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee
    https://www.quiltinaday.com/eleanora...nontheFarm.asp

Thank all of you for your good wishes. Our daughter spent 81 days in Craig Hospital in Denver. She went into the hospital in a chair, came out on a walker. It has been a year, she is again walking, she does have some nerve pain in her shoulders, but is again independent and riding her horse. She has been blessed.

Blog Entries
    Prayers for your DD. I was just looking at pictures of the Japan quilt show today and wished I could go. I did go to Japan 5 years ago for my DS wedding. It was lots of fun. He live back here now, he is out of the Navy. The only way I would ever get to go is if I win the lottery. What and awesome friend. Have a wonderful time. The food is so delicious and everyone is so nice.