Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Looking for Quilt Shops in Cumberland, MD and Altoona, PA (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/looking-quilt-shops-cumberland-md-altoona-pa-t47991.html)

no1jan 06-01-2010 03:42 PM

We are going on vacation and will be traveling through the above towns. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good shops in either of the areas.

Thanks in advance,
Jan

Nettie 06-01-2010 04:58 PM

Hello Jan,

I live about 30 minutes from Altoona. There is new one in downtown Hollidaysburg. I will get the name for you and the address. Country Beefers in Martinsburg, I go ther often great quilt and gift shop. Google it for directions. In my hometown of Bedford there is Unique Stitches. She sells lots of Batiks. On the outside of Bedford about 12 miles out there is Sewing Solutions. Not a huge variety but an up and coming shop always adding more lines and fabric.

Nettie

in2stitchin 06-02-2010 12:07 AM

My Father, his parents, and siblings (there were a bunch of them) lived in Altoona for many years. I return there from time to time to visit my Grandmothers grave and Dad's.

The last time I was there was April, 2001. That's when we put Dad to rest. The area is very beautiful...and sad.

Joeysnana 06-02-2010 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by in2stitchin
My Father, his parents, and siblings (there were a bunch of them) lived in Altoona for many years. I return there from time to time to visit my Grandmothers grave and Dad's.

The last time I was there was April, 2001. That's when we put Dad to rest. The area is very beautiful...and sad.

Small world. I grew up in Altoona, PA. We moved away when I was 16. My grandparents are all buried there also. I still miss them.

craftybear 06-02-2010 05:55 AM

have fun on your trip and hope you find some quilt shops to visit

no1jan 06-06-2010 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by Nettie
Hello Jan,

I live about 30 minutes from Altoona. There is new one in downtown Hollidaysburg. I will get the name for you and the address. Country Beefers in Martinsburg, I go ther often great quilt and gift shop. Google it for directions. In my hometown of Bedford there is Unique Stitches. She sells lots of Batiks. On the outside of Bedford about 12 miles out there is Sewing Solutions. Not a huge variety but an up and coming shop always adding more lines and fabric.

Nettie

That would be great! I hope to hit a couple of shops on our trip, but most of the time we will be up in the mountains. I am just so excited about having a nice relaxing vacation.

Jan

Pam in WV 06-06-2010 03:28 AM

I don't know what direction you will be traveling, but if you are going to Cumberland, and you go to LaVale, there is a very nice JoAnns there. Enjoy your trip. Pam

eeraemore 06-06-2010 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by Joeysnana

Small world. I grew up in Altoona, PA. We moved away when I was 16. My grandparents are all buried there also. I still miss them.

I grew up in Indiana, PA! - my parents still live there.

Joeysnana 06-06-2010 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by eeraemore

Originally Posted by Joeysnana

I grew up in Indiana, PA! - my parents still live there.

What a small world!

Tommy217 10-17-2011 05:22 PM

Hi Jan and Everyone,

We are going on The Garrett County Barn Quilt Tour and need help finding quilt stores in the following towns: Accident, Md, McHenry, Md, Oakland, Md, Deer Park, Md, Grantsville, Md, Frostburg, Md. We are not familiar with the area. Thanks,
Gee-gee