Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Michigan Quilters Anyone (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/michigan-quilters-anyone-t50554.html)

raspberryparade09 09-13-2010 05:29 AM

From Brighton. I work at Creative Quilt Kits on Grand River in Brighton. Have you been in? My real name is Carol.

cmosey 09-13-2010 06:31 AM

Carol, I haven't been in before. I don't normally do quilt kits, though, so that may be why. :-)

sunkistmi 09-13-2010 06:59 AM

Hi from Livonia. Would love to be part of a quilt group. Have never been to quilting retreat but someday...it's on my 'bucket list'.

Wendy

burnsk 09-13-2010 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by raspberryparade09
From Brighton. I work at Creative Quilt Kits on Grand River in Brighton. Have you been in? My real name is Carol.

Carol, could we plan a day to all meet at 'your' shop? You seem to be centrally located. Would that be a possibility? Maybe a day in October?

Just a thought.

grammo013 09-13-2010 10:03 AM

Oh I want to go to. I would love to buy kits if I could find something I like. Like landscaping kits.

Kathy we could go to a different place every month. That would be fun.

I am waiting on some info for a quilt retreat.
I think I should open a forum for Michigan Quilters what do you think?

Gramakitten 09-13-2010 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by grammo013
Oh I want to go to. I would love to buy kits if I could find something I like. Like landscaping kits.

YES--we can talk about it on Wednesday. can't wait. Kathi

sewcrazy65 09-13-2010 10:17 AM

Havent been to your store, but will for sure go, my sister in law owns the vitamin store do you know her, her name is robin, my real name is brenda

burnsk 09-13-2010 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by grammo013

I love your idea of visiting a different place every month. What fun that would be and if someone can't make one month they might be able to the next. Maybe even squeeze a couple of places in each time. If we contact the shops in advance they may even offer us a discount.

If admin will allow it I think a forum would be great. I'm amazed at the number of Michigan quilters we have here.

I have some info on a place to have a retreat that I'll bring to share on Wednesday.

Trivia: I've been told that St. Louis is the 'center' of the state.

grammo013 09-13-2010 05:41 PM

I know. And there are several close to each of us.

We can start a different group if we can't connect to this one.

raspberryparade09 09-13-2010 07:51 PM

Yes, we could all meet at the shop where I work. We are currently working on the basement - so we will have a class room (for visiting - or whatever we'd like. Currently we have all our sale fabric in the basement. October is good, except the 16th - 23rd, which we may be a little short staffed.

I think it would be great to have a forum for Michigan Quilters.